Ford Fiesta 1.25 zetec, 'Freestyle' - Trying to sell a car - over30

I have been trying for around 4 weeks to sell a:

2002/02 reg Ford Fiesta 'Freestyle' 1.25. 90k on the clock.

I listed the car for sale on 'ebay' as an auction, with a reserve of £750, however, people keep trying to kick me in the nuts! £400 was the last offer!

Does anyone on here have an idea how much one of these cars is actually worth on a private sale?

Ford Fiesta 1.25 zetec, 'Freestyle' - Trying to sell a car - 1066

400 seems very low but we dont know what the condition is like.

if its nice and clean it must be worth the 750 you want for it.

i think it may be the time of year but dont know really

Ford Fiesta 1.25 zetec, 'Freestyle' - Trying to sell a car - conara
How much mot and tax has it got ? And what spec is it as 750 sounds cheep to me , have you looked at what car or auto trader ?

Try doing a different add for eBay
Ford Fiesta 1.25 zetec, 'Freestyle' - Trying to sell a car - daveyK_UK

Is it the last of the old, old shape? (im sorry, I am no sure what mark we are up to).

Ford Fiesta 1.25 zetec, 'Freestyle' - Trying to sell a car - over30

Its the 99-02 facelift model, Mk5 I think.

It has MOT until July 2011, tax until 31/12/10

Spec includes:

Alloy Wheels, Front fogs, front electric windows, radio/cd, air con, white dials, rear spoiler, remote central locking, power steering, alarm.

Edited by over30 on 16/11/2010 at 15:51

Ford Fiesta 1.25 zetec, 'Freestyle' - Trying to sell a car - SteveLee
If the car is in good working order £750 sounds perfectly reasonable. At £400 these people are trying to rob you.
£750 sound about riight for a mk5.
i think the 1.25 zetec engine is the one people want. i would have thought 750 was a good price if it all works properly.

is it the ebay ad that's the problem.
unless the advert is well written then i tend to not bother reading it as there are many examples to choose from
Ford Fiesta 1.25 zetec, 'Freestyle' - Trying to sell a car - LucyBC

See Big Mike's blogpost on Car Dealer regarding writing ads:

Be more detailed about the car’s history. In these days of internet advertising, there’s no need to talk in abbreviations any more. FSH, rear w/w, FFSR and a/c are only necessary if you’re paying 5p a word so try, if you can, to break the habit.

Not convinced – then which of the following would you be most likely to buy?

Ford Cougar, 2000 W, Dark Tourmaline Green with scuff-free raven leather upholstery, 82,000 miles with full main dealer history stamped at 11,232, 22,189, 32,465, 41,880, 49,546, 61,232, 71,289 and 80,009 miles. Two owners, cambelt changed this year. Taxed and Mot’d until May 2010, every MoT from new, air conditioning in full working order, electric windows, electric mirrors, 2.5 V6 with smooth automatic gearbox, drives superbly, £2,150 ono.

…or…

Ford Cougar, 00W, Green, leather, 82k FSH, cambelt done, Tax/Mot 9 mths, a/c, e/e, e/m, 2.5 V6 auto £1,250 ono.

The top one is how I sold it, and the bottom one is the ad from which I bought the very same car (for 200 quid less than he wanted).

See what a difference a little effort makes?

Ford Fiesta 1.25 zetec, 'Freestyle' - Trying to sell a car - madf

If the original poster would provide a link to their advert, we could comment with knowledge rather than assumptions :-)

Edit:

This is it I think...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-FIESTA-FREESTYLE-2002-1-25-ZETEC-MOT-TAX-LOVELY-/270664024578?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3f04d54202

Edited by madf on 16/11/2010 at 18:11

my only comment would be those dark tinted windows are a turn off. it looks like a car a young person has tried to bling up and will put off all the more mature drivers. remove the tint and clean the windows.
seems a good price to me for the age