Got yer ears on? good buddy. - John R @ Work {P}
Long, long ago (1980), in a county far, far away (Lancs.), a young(ish) chap got his grubby mits on one of those pesky CB radio things and, after dark, became "TrashCan" or TC-214 on the side bands.

Does anyone still have a "rig" in their motor?

27Mhz AM ruled, OK

Ahhhhh, happy days....

John R
Got yer ears on? good buddy. - Dynamic Dave
Does anyone still have a "rig" in their motor?

No, but have 3 in the loft. Still cost a fortune new, but worth nothing on the 2nd hand market - hence why still in the loft, along with my old analogue mob phone.
Got yer ears on? good buddy. - BrianW
Yes
Got yer ears on? good buddy. - Ian (Cape Town)
Big 10-4 on that one.
I reacll at the time the grafitto:
"What did morons do before CB was invented?"
Got yer ears on? good buddy. - BB
I have always wondered why CB radios were allowed (and still are allowed) to be used on the public roads, but if you use a mobile phone you can get a fine for driving without due care and attention?

Surely they amount to the same thing?
Got yer ears on? good buddy. - Rob C
Do truckers still use CB? It was supposed to be more "social" than phones.

"Thats a big ten-four charlie roger affirmative, come back"
"Do you mean 'yes'?"
Got yer ears on? good buddy. - terryb
Mercy, saints alive, looks like we've got us a convoy!

Sorry

Terry
Got yer ears on? good buddy. - John R @ Work {P}
What set me off on this one was that I found an old DV27 areial with a magmount at the back of my shed (or as SWMBO calls it, rubbish dump!).

Have to go and balance my SWR to get better poundage, 10-4 :-)

Hummmm... I wonder if I could sell it on eBay???
John R
Got yer ears on? good buddy. - wowbagger
Hah! You can sell *anything* on eBay. There's a glut of little multimeters at the moment that have been going for anything up to a tenner (plus shipping). Maplins currently (no pun intended) have them on offer at two for £4.99. Go figure.

Wowbagger
Got yer ears on? good buddy. - Tomo
Legal CB, on either the UK or European 40 channels, is a dying breed, up here anyway, if not quite dead. I have just been up to the shack and listened, on good equipment, and heard nothing.

On the other hand, if you (accidentally, of course!) tune to naughty 27.555 MHz upper sideband, or round about, when the "skip is in" you will find the band jumping with Europeans. This can be a pointer to the possibility of propagation on the amateur 10 metre band.

At this stage in the solar cycle, and time of year, things are not at their peak but activity is still very possible.

Me gone!

Tomo
Got yer ears on? good buddy. - Tom Shaw
All that Mid West American slang sounded just plain stupid in a Geordie accent....
Got yer ears on? good buddy. - Rob C
I think that was the real problem.
It's very glam to be "hauling ass down the I64, with a rig full of steel"
Bit different from taking a lorry load of pigs to an abbatoir in Macclesfield.