Vauxhall Corsa B - corsa b cyl head gasket 1.2 8valve - vin

Hi, noticed corsa was loosing coolant the other day, checked it over found coolant running down front of block from head gasket. my question is are the head bolts reusable, and does the cam carrier have to come off, the head bolts seem to be on the outside of carrier. also does the water pump rotate to tension the cam belt or is there a seperate tensioner. I've done afew head gaskets over the years but not on vauxhalls. thankyou for any replies.

Vauxhall Corsa B - corsa b cyl head gasket 1.2 8valve - injection doc

new bolts recommended, and yes the whole lot has to come apart. Water pump tensions the belt, always worth freeing of the pump whilst stripped so, or even replacing whilst apart, makes setting the cam belt tension so much easier. Not too bad a job if done with care and respect the valves and timing

Vauxhall Corsa B - corsa b cyl head gasket 1.2 8valve - vin

new bolts recommended, and yes the whole lot has to come apart. Water pump tensions the belt, always worth freeing of the pump whilst stripped so, or even replacing whilst apart, makes setting the cam belt tension so much easier. Not too bad a job if done with care and respect the valves and timing

Thanks for the info, just one more quick question, is it necessary to use the special tool to move the water pump or can something be improvised.

Vauxhall Corsa B - corsa b cyl head gasket 1.2 8valve - injection doc
no special tool required, there is a dog legged spanner but I have never seen anyone use one !
When you fit a new pump just make sure the housing is clean and use some grease or vasaline around the seal and new water pump bolts as the allen key heads tend to wear and fail when you least need it!
If the old pump is stuck just improvise to remove