Kia Sportage First Edition Diesel - Kia Sportage First Edition - delayed delivery also - slidejules

There's a few of us on one of the Kia websites that ordered our First Editions in August, with the promise of delivery in September. I remember my dealer telling me that these special "First Edition" models wouldn't be affected by the ix35 delays because they'd had all their components pre-allocated.

Well, the end of September came and went, then the end of October, and my dealer is still unable to tell me when the car will arrive. The thing that really frustrates me more than than anything is that now, they have regular (ie non First Edition models) in stock at my local dealer! What the hell?!?!?

Is there anyone else out there who is also waiting (and p***ed off by the lack of info coming from Kia)?

Jules

Kia Sportage First Edition Diesel - Kia Sportage First Edition - delayed delivery also - juliaH

I ordered a first edition (petrol) the first weekend in September with a delivery sometime in October. After contacting the dealer this week I have now been advised it will December/January whatever that means. The dealer seems as clueless as I am and blames Kia for the lack of information.

I understand some of the delay is due to availability of the diesel engines from Korea but as my order is for a petrol one I'm a bit confused as to why I am still without a delivery date.

Considering cancelling the order as have lost some faith in the brand, especially after reading forums following the ix35. Unfortunately availability on other crossovers (ASX, Qashqai, Tiguan and Kuga) also limited to after winter deliveries for the 4 wheel drive versions. Just wish Kia had been honest upfront 2 months ago that they weren't up to the job.

Hope you get some good news soon, JuliaH

Kia Sportage First Edition Diesel - Kia Sportage First Edition - delayed delivery also - Karen10
Hi can I ask when did you actually receive delivery of your car? I ordered the petrol 2.0 at the end of December and was given a delivery date of 4weeks which has now turned into 4 months and could be even longer!
Kia Sportage - delayed delivery - Nicholas33

We ordered a Kia Sportage on the 23rd of September 2011 for November delivery. As of today's date we still do not have the car. The dealer says that it is not on the weekly list of cars for production that he gets from Kia. He says he does not know why the car has not yet been built. So, if they haven't even put it to production yet, it will be at least April before we get the car. Could this be some kind of record?

Called Kia direct and after a lot of verbal ducking and diving they say that they don't give out any information and that I have to consult the dealer.

Not good, Kia.

Kia Sportage - delayed delivery - RT

We ordered a Kia Sportage on the 23rd of September 2011 for November delivery. As of today's date we still do not have the car. The dealer says that it is not on the weekly list of cars for production that he gets from Kia. He says he does not know why the car has not yet been built. So, if they haven't even put it to production yet, it will be at least April before we get the car. Could this be some kind of record?

Called Kia direct and after a lot of verbal ducking and diving they say that they don't give out any information and that I have to consult the dealer.

Not good, Kia.

Go back to the dealer and ask the salesman to call Kia UK while you're sitting there. Whether you cancel the order and go elsewhere is up to you.

The Hyundai Kia Group are simply backward with their systems - 15 years ago a Vauxhall dealer could find out within 48 hours the build date, ship date and delivery date, even if it was special factory order because of the option combination, because manufacturing industries have been using such planning tools since the early '70s to my knowledge.

The only fundamental difference between GM Europe and Hyundai/Kia in Korea is that the boat takes 6 weeks instead of 1 - doing the calculation isn't any different.

Kia Sportage - delayed delivery - ChannelZ

The only fundamental difference between GM Europe and Hyundai/Kia in Korea is that the boat takes 6 weeks instead of 1 - doing the calculation isn't any different.

Assuming you ignore the fact that the bulk of the Hyundai/KIA cars in the UK were built in Europe, and not Korea.

The Sportage is built in Slovakia.

Kia Sportage - delayed delivery - RT

Assuming you ignore the fact that the bulk of the Hyundai/KIA cars in the UK were built in Europe, and not Korea.

Most models are imported from Korea - but my point was that doing the calculation isn't any different.

Kia Sportage - delayed delivery - thunderbird
Most models are imported from Korea - but my point was that doing the calculation isn't any different.

Agreed that most models are built in Korea but the big sellers i.e. the Ceed is made in Slovakia, the Venga In Slovakia (was Czech Republic) and the Sportage Slovakia.

Kia Sportage - delayed delivery - ChannelZ

As my friend above said, most MODELS are built in Korea. The BULK of cars we receive (IE the ones we buy in the UK in big numbers) all come from Slovakia or thereabouts. Especially the diesels, as that's where the engines are made. The 1.4 petrols are built in Europe too.

Edited by ChannelZ on 07/02/2012 at 09:42