Volkswagen Passat 1.8 turbo - car not starting - katrena

car wont start when u turn the key all lights come on in the dash board tried jump starting it but nothin any help thanks

Volkswagen Passat 1.8 turbo - car not starting - m0vts

Hi This could be an immobiliser fault. Is there any flashing key symbols or anything. Is the engine cracking over ok? Any signs of firing on any cylinders?

Peter

hi peter no theres nothin like that

how would i know if it is the imobiliser thanks

Volkswagen Passat 1.8 turbo - car not starting - Peter D

There should be a message Immobiliser Active on the display. You need to do some tests. Listen under the driver rear wheel arch and get someone to turn the ignition on. Can you hear the fuel pump hum for 2 seconds or so. If the person cranks the car can you still hear the pump. Have you checked the fuel pump fuse. Regards Peter

Volkswagen Passat 1.8 turbo - car not starting - ajs2

I had issue with a Passet some time ago with they spare key not working. The engine turned over and the car did not start, a symbol on the dash light up during cranking!

when u turn the key all lights on dash board comes on as normal but just the car wont start

hi ive tried listening at the rear wheel and u can hear the noise u said thanks

ive listened under wheel and u can here a noise so whats your thoughts if its imobiliser is there any way to bye pass the imobiliser and take it off thanks

Can you hear it when the engine is being cranked over. You do not report having an immobiliser massage when cranking. After cranking can you smell fuel from the exhaust. Tell me how this fualt came about. Did you just park up then return to the car and it failed or what. Regards Peter

Are you in the AA/RAC. Regards Peter

the car was fine i parked the car up last night and went to use it this morning nothin when u put the key in the ignition and try to start the car its absouloutely dead nothin happens the car doesnt even try to start when u turn the key u can here the fuel pump workin all the things in car are workin lights radio heaters etc but car just wont go no ive no aa or rac thanks

I assume it does turn over. Is there a smell of fuel from the exhaust. Please try and answer the questions. Regards Peter

no its not turning over its completely dead and theres oviously no smell cause its dead

So all the light come on but it does not even click when you go to the start position. This is either a starter motor failure, an ignition stitch failure or a broken earth connection. You need to get an auto electician/mobile mechanic in to take a look. Regards Peter

thanks peter x

Where abouts are you. Perhaps one of the guys on here can pop round. Regards Peter

hi peter im in calderbank near airdrie how much does it cost cause im not workin so u can imagine ive no got the money at this time of year thanks

did u get my last message peter im in calderbank near airdrie thanks

Hi peter just went out and tried car and after 3 rd attempt it has started i held the key in the normal engine start position for 3 or4 seconds and it started yeeh after it had started took car a drive came back stopped the car turned it off and then back on it started as normall thanks for all your help