Vauxhall Signum 2.2D - Air Conditioning/Heater Fan Motor - Alan High
My air conditioning/heater fan motor only works on position 4 full power; I have been informed the resistor will be is broken. The question I have where about is it located in the car, can it be replaced on its own or will I need a whole fan motor and where can I get hold of one if available.
Vauxhall Signum 2.2D - Air Conditioning/Heater Fan Motor - elekie&a/c doctor

This is a common fault on this model.Access to the fan motor and resistor requires removal of the glove box.About 6 torx screws and it will slide forward and unclip the glovebox light.This will expose the motor right in front of you.The resistor is hidden away at the back of motor housing,below and to the right.It clips into the air ducting.If I recall there is a 4 pin connector on it.However the reason the resistor has given up is probably because the fan motor is beginning to draw too much current so will probably need renewing at some stage.Resistor available from Vauxhall dealer.Motor available from most good motor factors at a more reasonable price for the same product.hth

Vauxhall Signum 2.2D - Air Conditioning/Heater Fan Motor - NellieC

It looks like I am going to have to replace my fan motor in my signum. Resistor changed by a dealer about a year ago but fan has recently seized up. At £250 with a dealer, I think that I will get a motor from a scrappy, any tips? I know that I can access it - but that's about it.

Thanks,

Edited by NellieC on 02/12/2010 at 19:08