Renault Megane - Renault megane 1.4 1999 lumpy idle - poor student
Hi all,

I have a renault megane 1999 1.4 8valve single point injection car.

The other day there was a bit of a bang and it turned out the gear linkage had moved but with no signs of contact with anything. Anway got it sorted.

Since then when ever the revs get below 1000 rpm or idle it is very lumy and the engine vibrates a lot. Driving performance isnt effected and fuel consumption hasnt changed much that I have noticed.

I have changed the plugs and even the coil (theres only one on the e7j engine) as I had a spare and it made no difference. The plugs I took out were a bit black but not the worst ive seen.

I wanted to check for misfire but thought better of just grounding the plugs on the engine! Also the injector seems to have got noisier and sounds like a sodding diesel now! I have also recently adjusted the tappets, and this was done correctly.

Any suggestions welcome, cant really afford to send it to the garage, I am a mechanic but Im out of ideas at the moment!

cheers guys and gals!

<*** id="progress_63711" style="display: none;" src="http://static.forum.rac.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif" alt="" />