BMW 5 Series E39 - Bmw e39 525d parking sensor problem? - bigmennie

Hi my parking sensor's don't work, i was told it was 1 of my sensor's were faulty, anyway read up that to check if there faulty was to turn on ignition put into reverse and put your ear to each 1, if they tick they are working.

Right they all do that bar 1 so i purchased a new sensor still dident work then found out by swapping the sensors round that the working one dident work in that connection either and the 1 i thought wasent working does when its in a different connecter.

So iam now thinking its the wireing loom itself or the module thats at fault this is where i need help all the others work but 1 at the n/s/f so which one should i go and buy and replace please help thanks.

Jason

BMW 5 Series E39 - Bmw e39 525d parking sensor problem? - Vitesse6

You can get complete parking sensor kits on ebay for less than £20 - could be worth a punt to see if you can replace the whole lot for a lot less than BMW prices

BMW 5 Series E39 - Bmw e39 525d parking sensor problem? - elekie&a/c doctor

If no sensor works in the faulty location,then it is very possible there is a wiring fault.You will need a multimeter to check the voltages and continuity of the 3 wires to the sensor back to the multi-plug connector behind the front bumper.This may need removal of the bumper for access.Unlikely to be the module.This is located on a bracket above the battery ,in the boot.

BMW 5 Series E39 - Bmw e39 525d parking sensor problem? - bigmennie

Hi thanks for comment ya dont need to take bumber off to get to the wires as i have taken off the trim on the bumber to get to the sensors in the first place and thus i can easily get to the 3 wires that go into the back of the connecter.

Could you tell me if there is a wireing fault is it easy to replace the wireing loom or could i do somthing to the 1 problem wire.

Thanks

Jason

BMW 5 Series E39 - Bmw e39 525d parking sensor problem? - Collos25

You have to be very careful when buying sensors kits for BMW's as there is very little room behind the plastic bumber and it requires 90 decree units.Spares are readily available on Ebay.de for both front and rear units.