Honda Accord Coupe - Rattle Noise from Honda accord CTDI Tiiming Chain - nam123

The timing chain on my honda accord 56 plate has gone noisy which it has now done 90,000 miles. It makes a rattle noise when idle and still but whilst driving you cant hear a thing.

I just got the car last year. So i brang the car into the Honda dealer and they investigated and stripped the engine to check what the noise was. They came back to me and told me it was the timing chain and it would need replacing they quoted me 1,599 pounds to get it replaced. They then gave me a second surprise call and told me that with the timing chain the injector needs to be replaced (which is part of the work of the timing chain, which is what they told me because apprantly whilst the timing chain is replaced the injectors easily snaps? i wonder if its true?) . They contacted honda and they announced that honda would not contribute to the costs of the repair as they would only cough up if it was an 04 / 05 plate diesel as there was some sort of recall but not on any of the later models. Please help me give me some advice, i do apologise if it has already been posted but i couldnt find any solution.

Would it be better just to buy a new car? or if anyone has any garage recommendations for a cheaper cost of repair please do tell me! Hope someone on this forum can help me out! in or out around London.

please do tell me or any advise? thanks!

Honda Accord Coupe - Rattle Noise from Honda accord CTDI Tiiming Chain - nhorrocks

i had the sam rattle on tickover it goes away when you rev the engine the fault lies with the alternator not the timing chain

Honda Accord Coupe - Rattle Noise from Honda accord CTDI Tiiming Chain - mcjhiver

Dont know if this is of any use to you but i own a 2005 accord (uk impoted to ireland) with 108500k mls on the reader , high enough i spose , but i did a bit of research on this year and model of car and found out that the chain does give problems with the earlier model , ie 2004 and 2005 models , i rang honda uk and honda Ireland here and found out a few things you can get your timing chain , oil pump chain , tensioner, gears on the cams and crank shaft and all 4 injectors replaced as some sort of a recall/ warrenty/ pan european/ upgrade that honda did for this car but there are several things that must comply like it must have less than 125,000 k Mls on the clock and have a full Honda service record up to date and they will do it all for free, I just got mine done as it was rattling all the time , only thing was i had to pay for labour and new oil as my record was not a Honda Service record but did have a full service history, also there is a recall on the headlights upgrade as in the form of putting some clips on the headlights , again all warrenty and free of charge , I have a terrible wobble in the steering wheel which also runs into the body of the car and my buttt too , seems like my inner cv is gone , so honda say , seems to be another quirk this car has but is not warrented or anything . Mind you , since i got mine back from the garage (only 2 days ago) i have this horrible wheezing sound that gets louder when you rev higher , not there at tick over but does sound like a tight belt or something , only put a new belt on it about 2 weeks ago , Wonder did Honda disturb something when they replaced the belt?????? , they left me with a nasty oil leak dripping from the timing chain/ crank area , drips on the driveway everywhere since i got it back , but will be knocking on their door first thing Tuesday Morn to give them a piece of mind .

Honda Accord 2.2 i CDTI Executive, 2005.