ix35 awd premium - how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - fitlike

Fitlike all? Picked up my ix35 awd Premium in black 2 weeks ago. Well worth the wait. How about you? Apart form door sensors not working. Great car. So mutch better than the Tucson and that was a good car. Would like to hear from any ix35 drivers how you are getting on . Graham, in Bonnie Scotland.

(spelling corrected)

Edited by Honestjohn on 22/10/2010 at 07:06

ix35 awd premium - how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - karl66

Picked mine up friday, 4wd casa white, premium plus extra's, really love it , no issues yet!, lovely and smooth, handles and feels really top notch. no wonder theres a waiting list. karl.

ix35 awd premium - how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - Alby Back

Hi Graham - My wife was admiring a late model Tucson the other week. Can't say it floated my boat but she liked it. Would you recommend them ?

yes. we had our one from new very good car no problem at all only got it service once a year . 3 years not a thing went wrong . we where going to another one but as you know they stoped making them . hence the ix35 . the tucson was a very good towcar we did over 20000 miles towing . someone will get a good car . graham

ix35 awd premium - how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - watwy

Hello,

Has anyone got front parking sensors fitted to the IX35 (dealer fitted extra).

Does the parking sensors stop bleeping when switched on, or does it just continue beeping non-stop (even when not near a object)

Thanks for any reply

Edited by watwy on 13/10/2010 at 22:55

Yes i have the dealer fitted front pk sensors, i've had to pop it back to have them made less sensitive as they will drive you nuts turned full up. They are very good quality but you do need to keep turning on and off when they annoy you!!. We are so impressed with the car overhaul, so smooth, lots of power, and great build quality. The 4wd premium in white makes the car look its best. Only downside so far is that with 950 miles on the clock , its only averaging 31.5 mpg, and about 38mpg on a run. karl.

Yes i have the dealer fitted front pk sensors, i've had to pop it back to have them made less sensitive as they will drive you nuts turned full up. They are very good quality but you do need to keep turning on and off when they annoy you!!. We are so impressed with the car overhaul, so smooth, lots of power, and great build quality. The 4wd premium in white makes the car look its best. Only downside so far is that with 950 miles on the clock , its only averaging 31.5 mpg, and about 38mpg on a run. karl.

Hello Karl,

Thanks you for your reply, got the car booked for them to fix it, as its picking up the road ATM.

Would you know how the auto locking works (whiles driving)? As it does not lock the doors as you drive.

On a separate note the car is very nice, loving to play with all the gadgets, MUST say the voice command is very very good (you can use it to enter address in the Sat-Nav, put volume up and down, mute.....etc) picks up the commands very well.

I'm getting around 25-29mpg but the cars done 90miles.

Watwyest

4wd/prem /machine silver/few dealer fitted options

Hi , i've heard a few people mention the auto locking, on mine as soon as a few mph are registered the doors just lock themselves. Dont know the ins and outs of how this happens as i've not been through the manual properly yet. The mpg is a little strange at the moment, as the dpf has a mind of its own. ours has done 985miles and stop/start were only getting 31.5 mpg, if this improves to about 34mpg i will be happy as it is the 4wd version. would like to see early 40's on a run though. karl.

fitlike all . got all my accessories fitted and lock fixed . car justs gets better and better every time i drive it. thinking about sidesteps has anyone got fitted to there ix35. how do they look. graham

ix35 awd premium - how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - jonny1

fitlike all . got all my accessories fitted and lock fixed . car justs gets better and better every time i drive it. thinking about sidesteps has anyone got fitted to there ix35. how do they look. graham

have a look at formula 4x4 site.they already have aftermarket ones advertised for ix35 much cheaper than origional ones .I have them fitted to my G Vitara and they are very good polished s/steel tubes with grey checker plate infills look very smart.

thanks jonny1 will do

fitlike all-- I got the dealer fitted side step, but I was very disappointed with them; they are not very practical as they are tucked under the car(due to the law that they can't come out further than the car), they cannot be used for when getting down, only as a step up, but even then with great difficulty, especially if they're used in wet conditions or if ladies are wearing heels.

ix35 awd premium - how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - Spitfire375

After 6 months of waiting I got the call to say the car was in, so as soon as possible I was there but only to be disappointed, they had built it to the wrong spec. Missing out on my full leather seats and automatic dipping rear view mirror, but hey, who cares the car looked great and I could'nt wait to get behind the wheel. Its now seven days old with 1,574 miles on the clock and not a squeak or squawk its quality is superb, from the one or two passengers I've had in the car so far they cannot believe its a Hyundai. I cover around 50,000 miles a year so its going to work and work hard so I hope after all the hike this car is up to it. After 1,574 miles the car is averaging 39mpg with the majority of the mileage clocked up on the motorway and not exceeding 70, honest.

After doing 700mile in just over three weeks, the over all car is good in terms of the gadgets and the drive.

****The Problem With It********

Whiles the hand over demo the front parking senors (dealer fitter) where going mad instead of the beep-----beep-----beep...etc, it was just a beep-beep-beep-beep, the sales guy said that how its meant to be. Just for my comfort, I took the car into the Hyundai services, they said that the senors had something wrong (understandable the car is new) booked me for a week later give me a loan car saying "it will take a day or so" (this was on a Wednesday). I also told them to look at the media system as it keeps freezing. Took the loan car...etc, got a phone from them saying they want to look into the car in more detail, i said ok. same car on thursday and friday expect the guy said we want to keep it over the weekend or you can have it back and we will rebook you in for Thursday, told them to keep it. Picked the car up on Monday late afternoon them saying nothing wrong with media system but if i have a problem with it they will replace week on and i can't play off my ipod/usb/aux and my voice is not being recognised (though the voice command) and my dealer fitted parking senor button is not working. Phone them up they said button will be fixed in a few hours but the media bit will take few MONTHS, JANUARY EARLIEST.... :( :(

Watwy

Hello Everyone,

Just found out that the standard tires on the IX35 are summer tires (please see links below)

www.hankooktire-eu.com/technology/types-of-tires/a...l

www.merityre.co.uk/car_tyres.htm

Correct me if i'm wrong but do a lot of research thats what I have found out

Watwy

fitlike all ? hows the towing with your ix35 ???

ix35 awd premium - how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - iolanthe

39 mpg is way below the manufacturer's figure for combined. 47.9 mpg is what they quote. A recent 350mile journey, mainly motorway, I only managed 35.5mpg. Very disappointing. I drive quite frugally and don't know what to do to get more mpg.

Perhaps the dealer might be able to tweek something.

The car has performed very well in the recent deep snow. 4wd has been worth it where I live.

Hi, our premium 2L 4wd has now done 2000mls and we really love it. Lovely to drive and its so smooth and comfy. Like others mention mpg is an issue as our trip computer rearly shows anything above 31.5 mpg!!. karl.

ix35 awd premium - how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - veryoldbear

This is quite daft. My ancient star-ship mileage Saab 95 estate (2.2 TID) averages about 38-39 mpg day in day out, and up to 43-44 on a good long run. What happened to diesel technology ?

Hi, our premium 2L 4wd has now done 2000mls and we really love it. Lovely to drive and its so smooth and comfy. Like others mention mpg is an issue as our trip computer rearly shows anything above 31.5 mpg!!. karl.

I contacted the manufacturer re. mpg via email and was surprised to get a human response. A phone call suggesting that I take the car back to the dealer to get it checked out as it should be doing better mpg than 36. The caller also said they had no other contacts about mpg issues, so perhaps others could contact them so they are aware of this. Sat nav advice from ealier thread is useful. I'll follow it up as I've had the same problem with that annoying "...and then." Fuel gauge does not react very sensitively - tends to jump down after 100+ miles on a long journey and then stay for a good while longer before moving again. Something else to have them check.

ix35 awd premium - how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - Doccox

As several people have reported , the trip on my 2L premium ( after 480 miles) is showing only 31mpg ( after a hard motorway run to Heathrow and back).At all times the " gear advice notification" was followed. Note the point on US vs Imperial gallons - BUT - how DO you check in what units the trip is reading? I cannot see a simple set up for the trip menu ( even after RTFM) - HELP?? My additional calculation is manual - total odometer reading divided by total amount of fuel put in ( to full) is (UK) mpg How long does it take for the engine to "loosen up" and give a representative fuel consumption? My previous car ( Peugeot 307 Xsi - used semisynthetic oils) took 30000 miles to run in to reach optimal mpg Is it the same for the iX35 or are all technical fuel figures total fiction ( except under specific , undefined , laboratory condiions on a specially tuned car)?? Car is otherwise excellent . The front sensors are still too sensitive BUT mine do at least stop beeping - unless a pedestrian is standing nearby.It seems to depend how (and where) the garage has installed the sensors. After waiting 8 months for the car , I have a right to expect perfection - not a rushed job.

ix35 awd premium - how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - TheOilBurner

For those worried about low mpg figures on their ix35, check the trip computer is showing Imperial mpg and not US mpg.

35 US mpg = 42 UK mpg.

40 US mpg = 48 UK mpg.

The old Tuscon could only display US mpg (maybe Korea doesn't know the UK has its own sized gallons?) and this led to a lot of confusion with apparently poor fuel economy. The same mistake may have been made with the ix35 too.

Don't forget: a brim-to-brim check is the only way to be sure what you're really getting.

1 US gallon = 1.201 imperial gallon

1 imperial gallon = 4.546 litres as sold from UK petrol stations

ix35 awd premium - how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - Craigdm
I've just racked up 10,000 miles since I got mine back in April. I contacted the dealer and Hyundai within the first two weeks to express by disappointment with the mpg I was getting. I never did get a satisfactory reply and further investigation led me to believe that the quoted figures are entirely fictitious.

For the first 2000 miles I was averaging 34-36mpg, this improved as the mileage increased and at about 7000 miles I was getting around 40mpg. This has now fallen again to around 38mpg.

Not too sure why the figures fluctuate so much, all my previous new cars have always been quite stable once the initial 1000 miles were run in.

Nice enough car though I much prefer the 1.6 turbo Juke I just bought for my wife. Might still struggle to better 40 mpg, but much more fun to drive!
ix35 awd premium - how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - SteveLee
Cold weather will increase fuel consumption.

Not really relevent on a 240 mile motorway journey. In fact on such a journey the mpg should be improved. Engines love cold damp air.

For those worried about low mpg figures on their ix35, check the trip computer is showing Imperial mpg and not US mpg.

35 US mpg = 42 UK mpg.

40 US mpg = 48 UK mpg.

The old Tuscon could only display US mpg (maybe Korea doesn't know the UK has its own sized gallons?) and this led to a lot of confusion with apparently poor fuel economy. The same mistake may have been made with the ix35 too.

Don't forget: a brim-to-brim check is the only way to be sure what you're really getting.

1 US gallon = 1.201 imperial gallon

1 imperial gallon = 4.546 litres as sold from UK petrol stations

Interesting thought. I would have thought that as mileage is shown in Uk miles which I believe are the same as US miles then this would have been cross checked but you may be right........hopefully.

ix35 awd premium - how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - TheOilBurner
Yep, it does sound daft doesn't it, but they managed to mess it up on the Tuscon, so I wouldn't put it past them...
ix35 awd premium - how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - oracle

I have about 1500 miles on my Premium model and it's great to drive. Fuel consumption is not as per stated figures but I can live with that. There is a problem with the Bluetooth but my supplier tells me Hyundai are aware and are trying to resolve the problem. In all Iam really pleased with the car and to anyone on the dreaded waiting list 'hang in there' I don't think you'll regret it.

yes your right .hang in there . the car is great you wont dispointed as i said before all good things come to those who wait. the only problem with bluetooth is my scottish acsent . graham.

ix35 awd premium - how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - cornsey

Hi

anybody still waiting for their ix35??

ordered mine 31 aug 2010 and have just been advised i am back order no 34??

what sort of further waiting time does this equate too? any idea??

fitlike cornsey i thought this thead had run its cource? yes we all have had to waite a long time . but as sead before all good things come to thoths who waite

ix35 awd premium - how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - johnnybgoode

Hi All

Cant decide if to go for ix35 4 x 4 or mitsu asx

anyone driven both ?

Fitlike

you got some weird type of keyboard??

i was only trying to find out how long back order 34 may be?

some of us are still waitng!!

ix35 awd premium - how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - AlleyCat`

Back order no 34 in what way?

Cars are usually built in batches of "colours" due to the availability of paint shops and not wanting to constantly chop and change.

They aren't usually built on an order arrival basis but slotted by the ordering system to match build runs.

ix35 awd premium - how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - logman

Had my ix35 2.0l 4wd for about a month and have never achieved over 40mpg. On a long run I can get 38ish if I don't exceed 60mph, after that it falls to about 35 on runs and about 30 on local runs. Nothing like the claims Hyundai make. Disappointed with fuel consumption and continuing problems with bluetooth and auto lights but otherwise a lovely car, nice to drive and gutsy.

ix35 awd premium - how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - Skoda Superb

Hi Everyone, I'm a newbie so go easy! :o)

I read somewhere (might have been here or on another forum) that some people are seeing the cars temperature not reaching what is considered a normal operating temperature. Is anyone seeing this with their IX35? Somewhere around 90 degrees would be about right.

If this is the case then the ECU might well be running the cars a little rich thinking the engine is still in a warming up phase. Long shot I know but might explain something!

I'm thinking of getting an IX35 as a second car but the lack of economy on the 2.0 4WD version is a concern. My Skoda is now 18 months old, 33k miles covered, and even with a DSG box easily gets within 10% of the official figures of 46.2mpg and thats not pootling about. Most cars, unless poorly geared (excessive revs on the motorway), should get within 10% of the official figures with careful driving.

ix35 awd premium - how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - d.mcdowall01

Hi newbie, i waited for the 2ltr 4wd premium cassa white with both packs from end july until mid feb, but Hyundai cant deliver the outstanding orders on the 2 ltr versions,

however i changed my order to the 1.7 diesel after a suggestion from honest john,

my dealer quickly got my new version within 2 weeks a 1.7 2wd premium in cassa white with Media & individual packs and on the road for 1st march, the car is brilliant, im averaging 45mpg and im not light footed.

i havn't found any problems so far, but only done 500 miles.

im more than happy with the car, cant say i really need the 2lt 4wd even though i travel between bonnybridge and edinburgh daily, i only wanted the 4wd after last years snow but my vectra got there and back every day.

the 2 ltr does have a fair bit more punch than the 1.7, but the mpg is far better with the smaller engine.

arnold clark Hyundai in Stirling still have my original order outstanding, but hyundai can't say when it will be built, {cant source the engines} its an option if you need a 2ltr 4wd, other than that i would recommend the 1.7.

if i could afford it i would buy my outstanding order, thats how good i think this car is.

ix35 awd premium - how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - Skoda Superb

Thanks for the welcome and the tip. I had thought of the 1.7 2WD with ISG but being in the hampshire countryside I'm keen on a 4WD version of either the ix35, Qashqai or ASX. Last winter was 'entertaining' to say the least.

In stark contrast when I ordered my skoda supberb in 2009 I got constant emails from the dealer informing me of build dates, when it had been built, when it was on its way, pictures when it arrived etc. Great service.

I guess when it comes round to ordering I'll see if they have sorted their act out and have been able to deliver orders in the normal 13 ish weeks.

ix35 awd premium - how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - Avant

You can get a Superb (or an Octavia) with 4WD: couple that with winter tyres and you should be fine in winter. If I were you I'd stay with Skoda unless you actually go off-road.

- how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - watwy

Hello There,

After doing 4500 in the IX35, I have noticed that the left first wheel is wearing down faster, than the right side, My local Hyundai garage say it's normal. Could you advise me of this is the case or not?

Thanks,

- how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - howmuchlonga!
Hi,

Ive had my IX35 2d 4wd with both packs since early Jan, took 8 (yes eight) months to arrive.

Only issue is door speed sensitive locking not being programmed, dealer is going to hook it up the the "system" and fix.

Other than that it's superb...!

I am returning 42-46 mpg, the trip computer states 36-40ish, but looking at my fuel receipts it is under reading by a significant amount.

I've also accessed Windows CE on the sat nav, so I can run my own apps.

Hello howmuchlonga,

could you advise me how you go windows CE on the sat nav?

Thanks

- how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - howmuchlonga!
Here are some links to access Windows CE

www.kia-forums.com/3g-2011-sportage/66035-windows-...l

Read the Kia instructions as there are some codes you need to access the system.

newkiasportage.blogspot.com/2011/02/windows-ce-en-...9

Click on Union Jack for translation.

You will also need a stylus as the icons are tiny!!

To return to normal use I pull the memory fuse.

Thanks!!!

- how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - barkeyo

Regarding the fuel economy...

This may indicate that the trip computer is actually set for US MPG rather than UK.

35 Miles per US Gallon = 42 Miles per UK Gallon.

Apparently this was an issue previously with the Tuscon, so may be worth getting the dealer to check it.

- how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - johnnybgoode

just had my 2 litre style version recalled and some updated software installed.

according to the mechanic should notice difference in power and fuel consumption

- how are you getting - on with the hyundai - ix35 - - deba - 123

Indeed!

- how are you getting - on with the hyundai - ix35 - - Howmuchlonger?

Hi all

I've done 10,000 miles in my 4wd Premium since delivery end of last October. A few weeks ago I noticed a clunking rumbling noise from the front passenger side. After taking it to my local dealership to be checked out, I was told some bolts / parts had come away on the anti-roll bar. I've been told it's perfectly safe to drive and they would order the parts in for me to be repaired under warranty. Great I thought, that should be within the next week ....... nearly 3,000 miles and 3 weeks later, they tell me they're still waiting for 1 of the 3 parts to come in.

I wonder if I'll be waiting longer than the 6 months it took to get the car?? Doesn't look like Hyundai parts are any easier to get than the car itself!

In the meantime, I'll turn the music up to drown out the awful noise and continue to enjoy the rest of the car...... until the next thing goes wrong :-(

G

- how are you getting - on with the hyundai - ix35 - - carazy

There seems to be stock on other versions now. Why not try to persuade the dealer to take the parts off a new one to fix yours! It would mean they could'nt sell the car, but that puts pressure on to get the parts!

- how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - carazy
Hi, Ive had my IX35 2d 4wd with both packs since early Jan, took 8 (yes eight) months to arrive. Only issue is door speed sensitive locking not being programmed, dealer is going to hook it up the the "system" and fix. Other than that it's superb...! I am returning 42-46 mpg, the trip computer states 36-40ish, but looking at my fuel receipts it is under reading by a significant amount. I've also accessed Windows CE on the sat nav, so I can run my own apps.

Speed sensing locking not working on my 1.7. Is it really simply a programming problem? Also auto headlights switch on & off when driving, but don't switch on when unlocking car. Could this be a similar fix? Hill assist seems hit & miss - sometimes working and sometimes not. Don't understand this. Am used to the idea as my wife's Smart has same system. Previous car (Subaru) had similar, but brakes stayed on until clutch was released. Anyone else got HAC problems? mpg is always a favourite topic - probably because we are all tired of constant price increases, so for the record, as indicated on the trip, I was initially getting just over 50mpg with quite staedy easy driving. This is now down to around 45mpg with mixed driving but only 700 miles, so this should improve. Also need to check against actual fill-ups rather than rely on trip.

ix35 awd premium - how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - Doccox

As several people have reported , the trip on my 2L premium ( after 480 miles) is showing only 31mpg ( after a hard motorwya run to heathrow and back)

Note the point on US vs Imperial gallons - BUT - how DO you check what the trip is reading?

Cannot see a simple set up menu ( even after FTFM) - HELP??

ix35 awd premium - how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - unthrottled

by calculating it the old fashioned way when you tank up and comparing the numbers. If the trip is out by ~20%, it's in US gallons.

As several people have reported , the trip on my 2L premium ( after 480 miles) is showing only 31mpg ( after a hard motorwya run to heathrow and back)

Note the point on US vs Imperial gallons - BUT - how DO you check what the trip is reading?

I think you're clutching at straws..... many IX35 owners have questioned the possibility of a US/UK c0ck-up, but I'm afraid it all just come down to rubbish ecconomy.

I averaged 37mpg over 16K Miles in my 2.0 Diesel premium. It was the main reason why I got rid of it...

I think you're clutching at straws..... many IX35 owners have questioned the possibility of a US/UK c0ck-up, but I'm afraid it all just come down to rubbish ecconomy.

I averaged 37mpg over 16K Miles in my 2.0 Diesel premium. It was the main reason why I got rid of it...

ok guys but what are the figures for the oppostion I dont think they are much better ?

ie qashqai / suzuki / toyota / skoda etc

ix35 awd premium - how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - Collos25

Had a Qasqai demostrator for 48 hours this week it aveaged over 50mpg brim to brim on mixed driveing.

just returned from mainly motorway trip 260 miles mpg 46

this has improved since the software upgrade

2 litre style

had car 2 weeks now 900 miles completed 43mpg so not as good as hyundai claim otherwise great car

had car 2 weeks now 900 miles completed 43mpg so not as good as hyundai claim otherwise great car

if you look at it this way...

8000 miles a year for me say at min 35 mpg =228 galls x 6.15 a gall =1402.20

8000 miles a year with a car that does 55 mpg = 145 galls x 6.15 a gall = 891.75

a difference of 510.45 = approx 1.40 a day over the year....not a lot to pay when you think about the quality of the hyundai !!

ix35 - how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - gord

I have had my ix35 1.7D Premium since late December 2011, and am a bit dissapointed with mpg as I am nnly getting 42 - 44 overall (quite a bit of urban & some short motorway), NOT checked by the clock but by the ONLY accurate way, brim the tank and note mileage then when you fill again do the same.

Take one fuel amount figure from the other (divide by 4.546 to get MPG rather than MPL), try to use same garage and pump if possible.

Had a problem with reverse sensors making a continuos screaming noise when reverse engaged, dealer reset system and has ordered a new unit.

I find car comfortable, I had an Audi A4 for years and was getting bad knee joint problems getting out. Wife would like a Q3 , but I dont want to spend the load of extra thousands for what is now an od fashioned belt driven engine (although I was an Audi owner for a total of 18 years)

ix35 - how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - Avant

Your 1.7 ix35 is cheaper than a Q3, but Hyundai seem to load on a huge premium for the 2.0 engine, which brings it into Q3 territory. And the Q3 will always hold its value well, whereas the ix35 will probably depreciate faster when more of them come on to the secondhand market.

Opinions seem to vary on the question of chain v. belt: the superior reliability of chains has been questioned recently, I think on here as well as in the motoring press.

ix35 awd premium - how are you getting on with the hyundai ix35 - gordyd77

Graham, I understand that its been quite a while since your original posting, however I have recently purchased the new Hyundai IX35 1.7 CRDi premium model. I am having issues using the call command as it says it is not recognised. Can you please advise me if your model allows you to push the speech button, then say call, then an entry from your phones address book. Have tried connecting 3 different models of phone however they all have the same fault. Hyundai say all new ix35's and sanra fe's will not allow the "call" command to work. Thanks in advance. Gordon from Scotland.