Ford Fiesta 1.4 Zetec - Servicing Costs - Chris_

Hello, does anyone know roughly how much I should be expecting to pay for a full service on this car?

A local recommended independent garage (on a garage recommendation website) is quoting around £250, of which roughly £100 is labour. The rest is parts.

In the local rag, there's places offering services for just under a hundred quid and below. Is the additional charge outlined in the above justified?

Cheers.

Ford Fiesta 1.4 Zetec - Servicing Costs - essex619

The pricing you have there is right if you go to your ford dealer which I recommend if your car is brand new of still under 40k or 2yrs.. follow your warranty guidelines..

if your car is pretty on high miles and warranties expiring, dont go to a dealer.. get your own parts from europarts direct or motex or something who sell you cheap parts should cost you around £55 max incl. oil and go to your local independant garage give him £25 and he'll do it..

Dont go to quickfit or formula one etc. ripp off... !

Ford Fiesta 1.4 Zetec - Servicing Costs - gordonbennet

The poster above is on the right track, i would add it's an ideal time to ask around those of your friends and family who's opinion you trust which garages they recommend.

There will be a competent indy in your area, one that does a good job and doesn't charge the earth and wants customers to come back he may well be out in a rural area and his premises may not look as impressive as a main dealer or fast fit joint, don't go by the packaging.

Also agree with avoiding fast fit places if you can, the Ford main dealer is worth getting a quote from as a starting point.

Time spent finding that good indy will save you money for years to come and you'll probably get a better job done too.

Remember that any service can discover worn brakes (second opinion always worth getting), split drive shaft boots etc and everything above above and beyond the normal service items will be chargeable.

Ford Fiesta 1.4 Zetec - Servicing Costs - Chris_

The poster above is on the right track, i would add it's an ideal time to ask around those of your friends and family who's opinion you trust which garages they recommend.

I have done some asking around, and a lot of them are getting it done at the main dealer,. which obviously would charge more and quite a few of their cars are new or company. I've rung the local Ford dealer and for a full service, they're quoting close to £300!

The car I have is an 04 plate and has done roughly around 41k miles, around 6k of those this year since I bought it in March at 35k.

Also, would a garage tell me in no uncertain tersm to "go away" if I'd acquired the parts and then just ask them to fit them?

Ford Fiesta 1.4 Zetec - Servicing Costs - gordonbennet

Also, would a garage tell me in no uncertain tersm to "go away" if I'd acquired the parts and then just ask them to fit them?

Chris, not every garage will turn you over.

Your friends and family are too wealthy you need recommendations from people worth listening to (that can be a short list these days) who have similar aged and older cars than you.

If you find a good preferably rural garage just let them supply the parts, if you want to get the parts then do it yourself, you won't find a much easier car to service than a Fiesta.

As a guide i was paying £120 to £150 for annual service on my 6 cyl MB at a specilaist indy (which takes 7litres of fully synthetic good oil).

Good little garages are about you have to do some donkey work and find one, and then be a good customer too...good customers are as thin on the gorund as good garages.

Ford Fiesta 1.4 Zetec - Servicing Costs - Singlish

You may wish to try this Ford Dealer who advertises on E-bay price £57.20 + Carraige for a full service kit and ford oil- type in the search field

'Genuine Fiesta Service Kit 01-07 1.4 Zetec-S + Oil'

I have used these people and they are very efficient and reliable.

Singlish

Ford Fiesta 1.4 Zetec - Servicing Costs - daveyjp

I used to use Rapid fits for my Fords - attached to dealerships, Ford technicians, much cheaper prices and while you wait.