Who on earth in their mind would want to buy one - autumnboy

Fiat are bringing out another model with this Gun Metal paint finish.

If you scuff, scratch or do anything to mark the paintwork, you can't do anything with it.

You can't polish it, T-cut it or rub it to remove any marks.

The only thing you can do is get a re-spray.

This applies to the Alfa Spider and the forthcoming 500.

Who on earth in thier right mind would want to buy one.

Typo in header corrected - Sorry it was getting on my nerves, Boris.

Edited by BorisTheSpider on 22/09/2010 at 15:39

Who on earth in thier mind would want to buy one - bonzo dog

Why would you want to buy Italian in the first place? Nowt but trouble & expence :)

Who on earth in thier mind would want to buy one - bimmer-driver

BMW doing the same thing on the M3. Frozen grey I think its called.

Who on earth in thier mind would want to buy one - gordonbennet

Touch it in with indelible felt tip pen same as you would a firearm for temporary.

Who on earth in thier mind would want to buy one - autumnboy

Yes BMW do the same,

Fiat/Alfa ship and store them all covered with protection top to bottom.

You would be taking a risk if you have to travel along country lanes with over grown bushes, you would not be able to do any polishing or you'd need a good supply of felt pens and time.

Who on earth in thier mind would want to buy one - SteveLee

Why would you want to buy Italian in the first place? Nowt but trouble & expence :)

Pandas are very reliable - but then they are made (properly) in Poland,

Who on earth in thier mind would want to buy one - topaktas

Pandas are very reliable - but then they are made (properly) in Poland,

ALL cars are trouble and expense! My Maserati is no exception, but driving it - what a sublime experience!

Who on earth in thier mind would want to buy one - mike hannon

>Why would you want to buy Italian in the first place? Nowt but trouble & expence :)<

Presumably you have, at some stage, actually owned an Italian car? Sigh...

Who on earth in thier mind would want to buy one - jc2

My Italian built Fiat was still running well when I had to scrap it at 176,000 ml.-the galvanized body was still good but unfortuneately the doors were not galvanized.

Who on earth in thier mind would want to buy one - piggy

>Why would you want to buy Italian in the first place? Nowt but trouble & expence :)<

Why do these people insist on living in the past? I have had many Fiats/Alfas and all of them have been very reliable. If they were as bad as some think,then the "Technical" section of this forum would have a lot of Fiat related queries.Have a look,there are hardly any! Mechanically,they are just as good as any Ford,Vauxhall etc. In the past they have been let down by suspect dealer competence,but things are now a lot better.My local dealer is excellent.

Who on earth in thier mind would want to buy one - Collos25

The Fiat group produce engines,gearboxes and many other parts for many customers including Ford,Opel/Vauxhall,Volvo etc and anybody who is in the know about Italian engineering it is now a world leader in many disciplins.Their cars are some of the best in the world and do not rust unlike some expensive German makes, I myself am running a Bmw at the moment but always drool when I see an Alfa and as far as the paint is concerned a good paint shop will have no problem matching it .