1990 peugeot 205 gti 1.9 - engine jumping at 2000 revs - n

not had the car long infact not driven it far ,to the test station then the body shop,but noticed that the engine when going into 2nd gear around 2000 revs starts wanting to leave the body of the car,have taken it to the garage for cambelt and for the timming to be checked ,it has had new dizzy cap,plugs,rota arm,leed,fuel filter,fuel line clean,the garage have asked whats going on with the engine ,they cannot understand it,you can rev it very high no probs but when you put it under load that when the problem starts

please has anyone any ideas ?????

cheers n

1990 peugeot 205 gti 1.9 - engine jumping at 2000 revs - Dutchie

Hello,If i can understand what you are saying the engine is shaking under load at 2000 refs in second gear.The car has just had a service various items right?I would go back to the garage let there mechanic who worked on you car drive your car and you go with him.There must be something loose somewhere thats all can think of at the moment.Good luck.

thanks for your reply,

the car had the problem when i took it in to the garage i thought it might be the timing ,so after they fitted the new timing belt and got the timing spot on, but as i did'nt tell them about the jumping ,when i called in they said what the ******* up with this car when you rev and on tick over its fine under load it starts jumping, john as sent a reply ,he thinks its the engine mount that are shot ,because changing into 2nd is the fearcest change and will put strain on mounts,

cheers n

1990 peugeot 205 gti 1.9 - engine jumping at 2000 revs - Dutchie

Ok get it sorted as soon as you can better be safe than sorry.Take care.

1990 peugeot 205 gti 1.9 - engine jumping at 2000 revs - madf

Gearbox mounting

Engine mounting

Clutch

Flywheel.

in order of lieklihood.

Change your mechanic... he must be incompetent.

many thanks for all your replies,

it was the mounts that was the problem they were nacked,and a short throttle cable that was fitted before i got the car, so because there was no slack so the slightest touch sent the car full belt ,every time the engine started jumping inturn threw me about ,my foot touched the throttle which made the car jump more ,so now its fixed and i cannot wait for that smooth drive.ONCE AGAIN THANKS