Volkswagen Polo III - Loss of power and Emissions light. - LuvDup

Hey guys wondering if anyone can help me,

When my polo hits about 3000rpm it jerks as if it's hit the rev limiter. This causes the Emissions light to come on and then a major loss of power. I can't really take it over 60mph without it doing this. I had the codes read once and got told it was a missfire, so I changed the plugs, leads and coil pack with no change. I took it to another garage and they read the codes on it, I got

P1190, P0300, P0301, P0304,P1349, P1348.

I've been thinking about changing the lambda sensor next but thought i'd try and get a bit of information from all you technical genius guys/gals on honestjohn.com.

Thanks in advance,

LuvdUp

Volkswagen Polo III - Loss of power and Emissions light. - LuvDup
Nobody? :(
Volkswagen Polo III - Loss of power and Emissions light. - David Garritt

Hi

We have the same issue! Just changed the coil pack but the issue has returned. Seems ok around town and for anything less than an hour, but do a long motorway journey and the light comes on and loses power.

Did you get yours sorted?

Thanks

David

Volkswagen Polo III - Loss of power and Emissions light. - GBP1705

Hi,

I have had the same powerloss problem with an Avensis for nearly 2 years. Random misfire is the problem it seems according to the diagnostic read out. 2 Toyota dealers can find no problems with the car apart from telling me that the CAT needs replacing. When it starts misfiring and I go over 3000 revs I lose all power. I have to pull over, turn engine off and restart it. Goes fine for a couple of miles then misfires again. Iv'e got used to it and only use it for local running around. Just can't understand why 2 dealers can't find a problem.

Volkswagen Polo III - Loss of power and Emissions light. - countryroads

What year, engine and mileage do you have..

Also, how many miles do you do monthly