hyundai/ kia/ nissan/ honda - its impossible to buy a new car - timthetaf

So there's me thinking about time I changed my ageing car, and all I have to do is go to the dealers, choose the one I want and order one. They'll be pleased for the business and will trreat me well and do me a good deal. I narrowed my choice down to a Hyundai, Kia, Nissan or Honda.

Hyundai - no crossovers in stock so sent me to another of their dealerships a 45 min drive away. Got there, the bloke could barely get off his a*** to help me. Not a bit interested in selling me one because they were already having trouble getting them so didn't want the business. "they've 1,000 more orders than cars right now sir".

Kia - told me they had a new sportage in, so a 30 min drive to go to see it. Got there to be told Kia had taken it back 30 mins earlier and they wouldn't have one in to even look at for about 2 weeks. Thanks for telling me Mr Kia, I appreciate wasting an hour of my life and a gallon of very expensive petrol.

Nissan - Qashqai sir ? February if you're lucky. And you want to test drive one sir ? I'm a bit busy right now, can you come back another day sir ? "No problem", I said, "wouldn't want you to get the impression I'd like to buy a Nissan, so I'll tell you what, I won't bother you again, I can see you're incredibly busy". Blank expression from salesman as I walked out of the door.

Honda - another long drive, to be told you might get a CRV in February sir. The cheeky git then said "they're quite expensive sir, are they in your budget ?". I know I was in my T-shirt and shorts but p-lease.

So, I don't know what's happened to car dealers since I last bought one (a while ago admittedly), but I always remembered them being keen to sell cars, now they're more bothered with putting you off buying them. I've given up, so its back to my ageing motor until they pull their fingers out and start treating us customers as customers. Grrrr. Anyone any tips for how to buy a new car please ???? Preferably NOT Hyundai, Kia, Nissan or Honda.

hyundai/ kia/ nissan/ honda - its impossible to buy a new car - Auristocrat

With the downturn in the market, manufacturers stopping productions for periods last year/earlier this year, etc the number of cars being produced for stock are considerably reduced. Some manufacturers (eg Hyundai and Kia) also did so well from sc***page, they have been accepting factory orders only for quite a while.

For example when I was changing my car in Sept/Oct last year Hyundai were quoting 12 weeks minimum for the i10, i20 and i30.

hyundai/ kia/ nissan/ honda - its impossible to buy a new car - ablandy

I think part of the problem is if you just turn up - they dont take you seriously. Make an appointment and its a different story.

I have "just turned up" at a couple of dealers and they were rubbish. I told the mazda one I wanted a test drive on the mazda 6 estate and he just told me it was out and to call them. Didnt bother to take my number! This was after I had hung around for 15 minutes to speak to an alleged salesperson. I was seriously going to get one, but changed my mind after that.

Another one I went into and the guy barely got off his chair. Most unhelpful.

Few cars are held in stock, I have been having huge problems getting my new car from Peugeout. Ordered it in March, keep getting told delivery dates and they keep shifting. My leasing co even cancelled the order we had as it wasnt due to be built until the end of september. The one we shifted too was supposedly in stock would be with me in 10 days max. A month later it was supposed to be delivered today. It wasnt and they dont know where or when it will be delivered. "Maybe" next week. Its getting beyond a joke.