Citroen C5 - Window washer sticking in C5 - Suzyc1

Hi there,

Second attempt at posting this question so apologies if it's duplicated!

My windscreen washers "appear" to be blocked. When i press the lever to turn them on i can hear them buzzing and the wipers start moving but the water is only trickling out of one and nothing is coming out of the other. I had a friend look at it (i know nothing about cars) and he couldn't figure out how to dismatle it. Can anybody advise how to unblock it? As i think that might be the problem...

Thanks so much

Citroen C5 - Window washer sticking in C5 - Mondaywoe

Hi

Almost certainly the pump on a C5. It's on the side of the tank right up inside the front OS wing. To get at it you need to remove the front bumper. Take out every screw you can see underneath the bumper and the bumper sort of 'unslots' from a slot in the front wings by pulling gently forward (not as difficult or scary as you might imagine!) Pull back the plastic wing liner inside the wheelarch too.The plastic engine undertray will need to be dropped too.

A new pump costs about £15 and just pushes into the side of the tank Before fitting it flush the tank really well because gunge can build up which blocks the pump. This might be caused by mixing different types of windscreen wash.

Depending on the model of C5 you might find that back washers or headlight washers are OK but not the windscreen or vice versa - same pump does both but can pump OK one way but not the other.