Hyundai i30 Estate - Buying a new car - spen

I am just about to buy a Hyundai i30 Estate. However the dealer will give me no discount from the list price as I'm getting the benefit of their manufactures trade in trade up which gives me £3000 for my old car. Does anyone know if the dealership is pulling a fast one when they say there is no movement in their price in these circumstances?

List price is 17,150 + 395 (paint) less £3000 trade in trade up my car is only worth £1000 max.

Thanks

Hyundai i30 Estate - Buying a new car - nick1975

15K gets you a nice Octavia Estate

Hyundai i30 Estate - Buying a new car - carl_a

Nice car but don't go anywhere near that price you've been quoted. First web site I visited (Miltons Keynes Hyundai) will beat that by several hundred.

With a 10 reg version with 5k miles on it up at 13k on Autotrader thats what they're worth and you could get maybe that 1k for your car. That's 12k to change for a virtually new car with 4 1/2 years warranty.

I find Hyundai and Kia cars are best value as more basic specs, never pay list for them, most of these swappage schemes are a con and manipaulate the discounts you should be getting anyway and while adding confusion.

Edited by carl_a on 15/08/2010 at 00:37