Do Some Speed Cameras Discriminate......?? - IanJ1984

I know that attempts to overturn speeding convictions on the grounds of "infringement of human rights" etc have generally failed, but has anyone ever successfully subsequently sued on the grounds that some speed cameras deliberately discriminate between different classes of road users?

To my (non-legal) mind, where motorists have been caught approaching speed cameras and the police have relied solely on front number plates for vehicle identification, the motorist has grounds to file for discrimination on the grounds that they have been singled out from and treated differently to another class of road user; namely motor cyclists i.e. that by relying solely on front number plates for identification, a motor cyclist could not have been caught.

I guess the process on receiving the fine would be to confirm exactly how the police have managed to identify you. If it is by front number plate only, then accept the offence (paying the fine and taking the points) and simultaneously inform the police that you will subsequently be suing them for discrimination.

Any thoughts?

Do Some Speed Cameras Discriminate......?? - LucyBC
No chance. Speeding is an absolute offence and if you are caught speeding and they can identify you then you can be prosecuted. It is no defence against prosecution that others are not prosecuted.
Do Some Speed Cameras Discriminate......?? - Ben 10

Yes, but why should MCs get away with passing forward facing speed cameras. There is one close to where I live and all the cars etc. slow to 40mph. Any MC I've seen shoots through at 60+. Wheres the fairness here. Should be across the board so the forward facing cameras should be withdrawn. They discriminate.

Do Some Speed Cameras Discriminate......?? - bathtub tom

If you want fair, buy a bike!!!!!!!!!

Do Some Speed Cameras Discriminate......?? - IanJ1984

I'm not disagreeing that speeding is an offence and illegal but if it can be demonstrated that the method used to identify you is knowingly or overtly discriminatory then surely the method of capture itself is also illegal??

Do Some Speed Cameras Discriminate......?? - LucyBC

No.