BMW 116i - Interpreting a yellow line sign - erik stein

Hi All,

I wondered whether someone could accurately interpret the following sign for me, which is positioned roadside of the left hand lane...

img525.imageshack.us/img525/6995/img00027201007101...g

I had always understood it that this meant that the yellow line by the left kerb is in operation until 10.30am Monday to Friday, but the the yellow line on the opposite side of the road is in operation until 6.30pm on Saturday. In other words, the arrows on the sign refer to the lanes/ direction of traffic. Is this the case, or does the sign actually mean that different yellow line restrictions apply on the left hand kerb either side of the sign, and it has nothing to do with the opposite side of the road?

I hope this makes sense and hope someone can clear this up!

Thanks

Erik

BMW 116i - Interpreting a yellow line sign - bathtub tom

The sign refers to the restrictions on the side of the road where it is posted.

The other side of the road may have different restrictions as indicated on a sign on that side of the road.

BMW 116i - Interpreting a yellow line sign - Dwight Van Driver

If the sign is on the nearside of the road then to me the prohibition is on that side of the road.

The arrow indicates the direction in which the probibition starts. This sign indicates the change over point from one restriction to another.

I would suspect the restriction is within a Controlled Zone where the sign at the entry outlines the overall restriction with no need for further signs EXCEPT where there is a change to that at the entry signs at which point additional signs required.

To confirm one would need to see the Traffic Regulation (No Waiting Order) Order.

dvd

BMW 116i - Interpreting a yellow line sign - LucyBC
The prohibitions operate in the direction of the arrow. In this case:

To the left of the sign you cannot park 0830 to 1830 Monday to Saturday.
To the right of the sign you cannot park 0830 to 1030 Monday to Friday.

The limits of the order are when the line changes.