Vauxhall Vectra B - Vectra ECU/Engine fault - zac

The ecu light is on the dash (engine symbol) of my 2000 vectra 1.8 16v and it runs pretty badly. I have read all the bumff i can find and believe it is fitted with a Siemens simtec 56.5 ECU with the diagnostics plug under the cover by the handbrake.
I have tried to read the codes and my car does the following which does not entirly concur with what it should do on the topbuzz pages.

I need the engine switched off to be able to read codes with the engine running i get nothing. Shorting pins 5 and 6 gives me the following codes 1515, 0100 and 0110. These 3 sets of number then keep repeating over and over after a pause (they do not repeat 3 times each as topbuzz tells me)

According to my data 1515 is IAC, car idles fine and 0100 is the MAF and 0110 ATS???? Both of these are the same unit i think (black unit downsteam from the airbox) and i have replaced this with no change in running.I have also put additional earth wire from MAF to ground.

The odd thing is that car had been standing for several months and it started fine after a battery charge and ran great for about 12 miles and the the fault re-occured.

Can anyone offer any advice on a cause of my problem.

Thanks

zac

Vauxhall Vectra B - Vectra ECU/Engine fault - Collos25

Disconect the MAF sensor if the car runs the same then replace it.You cannot keep putting wires to ground you stand doing countless amounts of damage.

Vauxhall Vectra B - Vectra ECU/Engine fault - zac

i have replaced MAF and it was the same, only grounded the earth wire as it should be