Ford Fiesta - 2007 Fiesta 1.4 TDCI Rough Idle - SpaceFlightOrange

HI.

I've got a 2007 1.4 TDCI Fiesta Diesel that i've owned since August 2009 with no trouble at all, but after service and its first MOT, it has developed a very rough idle, although driving is fine.

That is until last week when i was on the motorway and it diasplyed "Engine System Fault" with a flashing amber gear with a ! in the middle. I stopped and called out the breakdown service, the guy came out and started it, and revved it high three times. after that it was fine for a few days, when it went rough while idling again.

Its now in the local ford dealer where i bought it from, but they cant figure out what the problem is. they've had it for 3 days!

Does anybody have any ideas? i fear that this is going to cost me a fortune, although they did say after the second day they would only charge me for 1.5 hours, and i do have an extended warranty

Any help appreciated

Ford Fiesta - 2007 Fiesta 1.4 TDCI Rough Idle - SpaceFlightOrange

Hi. Thought i should add that when i got the "Engine System Fault" error and the amber warning light came on, the car was limited to 40 mph.

The recovery guy though it ight be the EGR valve, but the Ford garage have yet to diagnose

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Ford Fiesta - 2007 Fiesta 1.4 TDCI Rough Idle - Gary forrett

Hi. Did you ever manage to get to the bottom of this problem?