Saxo coolant problems - Lou
Has anyone suffered with a rushing water noise when they start up their engine (mine is a 98 Citroen SaxoVTR)? Which becomes louder on applying revs. Is it getting to the point now where i am getting really pink furry dice and miffed.

Started hearing the water noise and then the temperature gage went into the red. Got it bled told it was an airlock. Noticed I was losing water-searched for leaks nothing. As the water noise was still there I presumed there was still air in the system, so I had it bled at my local citroen garage (who are very good), and they couldn\'t find a leak. This process carried on a few more times.

I had a chemical head gasket test-negative, got a pressure test-rad started leaking so got that changed. Had another pressure test no leaks found anywhere and i don\'t have any other signs that it\'s a head gadket prob.

Now I am at a dead end. I don\'t want to leave it as if there is air in the system surely this could eventually damage the head? I can\'t go on bleeding the system all the time. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to solve it
----------------------------------------------------------------------
--

Saxo coolant problems - kithmo
I had the same symptoms on a Mark 2 Cortina back in the 70's, the usual pressure tests, compression tests etc. showed normal readings. Because it was only a one hour job, I decided to remove head and investigate. Turned out to be a cracked head which was only letting avery small amount of pressure through when the engine was warm. Another symptom on mine showed up on a trip from Sheffield down to Devon, the temperature gauge would creep up to the red over a distance of 100 miles and after stopping and letting it cool it required a top up of about 2 pints.