Ford Kuga - dpf problems - jonny1

Been thinking about replacing my 2ltr petrol G Vitara with a new Kuga but only do about 3000 miles per year mainly short trips and i am a little concerned about dpf probs.Can anyone put my mind at rest.

Ford Kuga - dpf problems - SteveLee

but only do about 3000 miles per year mainly short trips and i am a little concerned about dpf probs.

You've answered your own question, with that sort of mileage you should not buy a car with a DFP, also with that mileage the fuel economy/VED advantage will not compensate for the additional cost of buying a diesel in the first place. With 3,000 miles per year you'd be mad not to buy a petrol car.
Ford Kuga - dpf problems - Collos25

I would agree with that I think in the UK you have to be doing around 20k a year to justify a diesel its certainly more than 3k.

Ford Kuga - dpf problems - daveyjp

dpf and 3,000 miles a year = a recipe for disaster. Avoid at all costs.

It would be interesting to go to a Ford dealer, tell them these facts and see if they actually tell you not to buy a DPF diesel and also explain why.

Ford Kuga - dpf problems - Armstrong Sid

It would also be interesting to know why you thought of possibly having a Kuga diesel in the first place. What were your reasons for considering that as opposed to any other option?

would like a smallish 4x4 without outlandish road tax and there is'nt many petrol ones about.Perhaps the new Kia Sportage may fit the bill.

Ford Kuga - dpf problems - colinh

Possibly because the petrol versions of the Kuga are a lot more expensive than the diesel versions

Ford Kuga - dpf problems - Avant

"Possibly because the petrol versions of the Kuga are a lot more expensive than the diesel versions."

That surprised me, until I looked at What Car and saw that the only petrol Kuga is the 2.5.

Try looking at the 4wd Skoda Yeti and VW Tiguan as well as the Kia - more expensive but cheaper than a Kuga and probably better to drive than the Kia.

dpf and 3,000 miles a year = a recipe for disaster. Avoid at all costs.

It would be interesting to go to a Ford dealer, tell them these facts and see if they actually tell you not to buy a DPF diesel and also explain why.

asked the Ford salesman and he said whats a dpf

Ford Kuga - dpf problems - rtj70

Is the Kuga not available (soon) with a 1.6 turbo petrol engine? It will be on its way for sure.