Toyota Avensis - Toyota Avensis sat nav - Mick68

I'm looking to buy an 03/04 Avensis in T3-S, T4 or spirit trim levels. I much prefer the newer touchscreen sat nav instead of the old style step by step system that will be on whatever i get. Does anyone know if the new system can retrofiited ?

Cheers

Toyota Avensis - Toyota Avensis sat nav - Collos25

If it can be done for what it will cost you may as well buy the newer model in the first place.

But your a brave man buying an Avensis

Brave ? what makes you say that Andy ? I thought they were supposed to be very safe and reliable.

Do bit of homework before you splash out your money.

Sorry I was a bit short with my reply many Avenis cars have been used as private hire cars and have been clocked and normally they are got rid off when they start causing problems.If you can find a straight clean car then you will probably have years of use out of it but this applies to most cars.I was reading on the internet that clocking is a major problem in the UK it certainly is in Germany I suppose its the old addage buyer beware.

Thanks Andy. I don't know a sure-fire way to check if a car has been a taxi or not but with regards to clocking, I was looking at the government site for checking a cars mileage and MOT's and i thought (maybe naively) that checking with this site would be infallible. No ?

Also i am looking at a low mileage petrol which may be a saving grace on the ex-cab front and i will be buying from a medium - large dealership with the usual warranty and assurances.

Edited by Mick68 on 20/06/2010 at 23:49

I think you are taking the safe option hope you have good luck.