FIAT Grande Punto - punto ?electrical problem with speed camera? - damsel

can anyone help? we have 2 puntos, 08 and 58 reg and over the last week both have had problems on a 2 mile stretch of motorway with the car suddenly lurching, revs drop, then the speedo drops quickly to zero before slowly going back up. The car loses power slightly then regains it. Nothing has shown up on the computer when I took one of them in to the garage and they test drove it without problem. Both events happened where roadworks have been in place for 1 month and there are yellow overhead 'average' speed cameras. Is it interference of some sort? is it just coincidence? does anyone know what the cause is? the garage suggest it is an electrical problem but tell me they can't identify the problem. any advice much appreciated.

FIAT Grande Punto - punto ?electrical problem with speed camera? - Peter D

Average speed cameras do not transmit a signal, they are not rader devices. So no that will not be the cause of the problem, however the speed may be the common factor. Regards Peter

thank you for clarifying re cameras. The cars were doing 70mph, although its never happened before.....
FIAT Grande Punto - punto ?electrical problem with speed camera? - piggy

Try posting this query on Fiat Forum.com.Someone there might be able to help you. My own h`pennyworth is it`s a bit strange that both cars are affected.You haven`t been feeding them contaminated fuel,have you?

FIAT Grande Punto - punto ?electrical problem with speed camera? - Lee1

"And that, Your Worships, is the ironic reason why I was travelling at 111mph on the A778 in my Punto on that sunny August evening last year."

;o)

if only that would work......... I would not have had to attend that speed awareness course 2 years ago, so I now do 70 (and a little bit.....my car won't do 111mph)

FIAT Grande Punto - punto ?electrical problem with speed camera? - Lee1

I very rarely speed, I used to go to accidents as one of the emergency services and I saw what the result was of speed + using mobile phone or + fiddling with the radio/hair/eating while driving.

thanks for your advice, I will do that. strangely enough mine was nearly empty when it happened and hubby had just filled up, but we fill up at the same supermarket.

If it was fuel why would it just happen at that speed though? (Must also explain that the speed cameras are only on overnight for roadworks on the M60 and this was morning, hence normal speed!). car has been ok since and I have obviously filled up again since - at the same supermarket!

FIAT Grande Punto - punto ?electrical problem with speed camera? - master aka

you should of gone to http://www.power-steering.co.uk/ there in london

FIAT Grande Punto - punto ?electrical problem with speed camera? - Peter.N.

You will need a pretty strong radio signal to interfere with the electronics, can you see any large aerials in the area?

FIAT Grande Punto - punto ?electrical problem with speed camera? - s j

hi im havein the same prob with mine mines 57 plate, mines doin it alot tho, just picked it up from fiat dealers still the same, have u found out anymore thanx.............. i dont think mine got nowt 2 do with speed cameras or anything like that.......... stressed out ere xxxx