Austin Mini Clubman - Do I Own the Oldest Mini Clubman in the UK (1969) - Coolhandmccann

We have written to the BMIHC (British Motor Industry Heritage Trust) and had the date of manufacture confirmed, the car was dispatched from the Longbridge factory in Birmingham on 10th November 1969 and registered and on the road only 3 weeks later on 1st December 1969

For the past 18 months since I purchased this beauty I have been on forums all over the place, in particular Mini Forums but have not had anything constructive back. Apart from a couple of people saying something like "My mate has one older than yours" but I don't want to give your the reg number. If I ask for a reg number they go quiet as from this I will find the date of registration.

I'm really looking for some hard evidence that someone might own one older than mine, but if you can't give me a reg number, frankly i'm not going to aknowledge it as its hardly evidence as such.

Any help would be appreciated, remember the previous owner believed it to be the oldest in the country for nearly 2 years before me, and i've believed it to be true for a year and a half.

Please see http://www.notjustwheels.co.uk and on the navigation on the left at the bottom you will find the link "is this the oldest Mini in the country", where you will find all the information on my Mini.

I have also asked Honest John about this and will update on here with whatever he comes back with.

Thanks Folks!!!