Honda Jazz 1.4 - Honda Jazz Service Rip off? - Armando

Hi,

Was hoping someone can help me. I recently purchased a 2004 Model Honda Jazz 1.4 Sport. Its done 40k miles and is due a service. As it has full honda service history I thought I'd stick with the main dealer.

I've just been quoted £330 for a service which consists of:

Changing oil filter, brake fluid, fuel filter and pollen filter.

I don't know what prices for servicing are meant to be but this seems a bit steep to me.

What does everyone else think? Should i stick with Honda or find somewhere else to get the service done. If so, any recommendations?

Thanks in Advance

Honda Jazz 1.4 - Honda Jazz Service Rip off? - Peter.N.

If you did it yourself you would probably save about threequarters of that, alternativly find yourself a good independent mechanic.

Honda Jazz 1.4 - Honda Jazz Service Rip off? - Naffy

Hi

Mine on a 53 with around 55K on it, and needs a major, which they have just quoted £500 for. Now I used to be a petrol head and handled most things on a car before so will probably look at doing this myself, oil, plugs, fluids etc, The car is now 7yeatr old so not sure of what value a dealer service is beyond this point ?

Honda Jazz 1.4 - Honda Jazz Service Rip off? - barkas

Hi there. £330 is perfectly normal for a service taking in your itemised jobs through a honda dealer. The parts and fluids alone are £150and youll get a months warranty on parts and workmanship too

Honda Jazz 1.4 - Honda Jazz Service Rip off? - Collos25

Where do they buy the parts £150 you have to be kidding.A service on a 1.4 using proper oil and filter should cost no more than £80 with labour.The reason these glass palaces exist is because people pay stupid prices for an oil change and the tyres kicked because thats all they will do.

Edited by Andy Bairsto on 15/06/2010 at 09:40