Nissan Micra 54 registration - Micra power steering - stevek

Power steering has failed on my daughters micra. Nissan want £1200 for the PS unit and a reconditioned one is around £500.

Any advice appreciated as this is just a joke for a 6 year old car.

Nissan Micra 54 registration - Micra power steering - Peter.N.

Have a look on ebay and the breakers listed on Google.

Nissan Micra 54 registration - Micra power steering - Peter D

Try BBA-Reman.co.uk

Regards Peter

Nissan Micra 54 registration - Micra power steering - tak100
hi there
i have same problem with my micra, and having spend all my money on buying my car couple months ago ,i just dont know what to do as Nissan and Reman options are still expensive,how did you manage to solve PS problem with your daughter car, my car is also 2004 reg, i am struggling with driving it with no PS, please advic
Nissan Micra 54 registration - Micra power steering - tak100
hi there
i have same problem with my micra, and having spend all my money on buying my car couple months ago ,i just dont know what to do as Nissan and Reman options are still expensive,how did you manage to solve PS problem with your daughter car, my car is also 2004 reg, i am struggling with driving it with no PS, please advic
Nissan Micra 54 registration - Micra power steering - sha1976

i am now having the same problems with my nissan micra 54 plate surely if there are that many people suffering the sam it is a manufacturers fault my car has only done 36k.am having it put on a diagnositc machine tomorrow lets hope its good news

Nissan Micra 54 registration - Micra power steering - Eli

Nissan micra 06 reg. The power steering on my 18 year old daughter's Nissan Micra failed after she had done less than 200 miles after buying it in March. Diagnostics suggeested the power steering was a complete write off. Nissan quoted £1300 for a new system. We got a reconditioned unit fitted for £900 and now that too has gone after just 6 months. This is a real headache because you can't sell the car with no power steering. The poor girl cannot drive the car minus power steering as she is a new driver and it is heavy particularly negotiating turns etc. Has anybody any suggestions what on earch we can do about this. It feels as if we just threw away the original cost of the car. It seems to be a common problem though the nissan garage said they had never heard of it before. Sounds odd that they haven't.

Nissan Micra 54 registration - Micra power steering - bathtub tom

Have you tried the Micra forums?

www.micra.org.uk/archive/index.php/t-23679.html

Nissan Micra 54 registration - Micra power steering - power steering guru

If you have purchased a reconditioned unit then it should be guaranteed, we sell these units too and guarantee ours for 2 years, there is no quick fix for the Micra power steering failure as the whole EPS column needs to be changed as one unit. I can tell you that it is a very common failure on all K12 micras even if Nissan won't admit to it.

Still it seems that you paid a lot of money even for reconditioned as we typically charge about £480 to supply and fit a reconditioned column and all of ours are guaranteed for 2 years.

You need to go back to whoever supplied the column and find out about the warranty.

It turns out they just repaired the original one so that the codes, etc. worked. I thought they did reconditioned ones with their own'brain' or that was what we were having. They do give a two year warranty on those, but that turns out to not be the case. They don't do a warranty on repairs to ones own. However the story has deepened. They did repair it again for a nominal fee and our great garage only charged us for two hours work so it was just less than £200 So great - the car 'was' working again. However, nightmare gets worse. Daughter drove the car to Derby from Oxford to get used to the drive. I brought car back to Oxford. We left it on drive for a week until yesterday when I thought I should give it a run. Nightmare scenario. P.S. gone again - just sitting on drive. Can't keep handing out £200 every few weeks. Having spent £1,100 now since March on the Power Steering in retrospect we should have gone for a new unit with warranty. Would it damage the car to drive it without Power Steering. I was thinking of swapping my car with my daughter. I don't want her to have to drive without Power Steering. I think I can manage. Thanks for advice so far.

As an addendum to above and judging by the prices you seem to quote is there any way you can let me have information about yourselves and where you are based. Thanks. The people who did our unit have already been mentioned in this stream in a message and do seem to be honourable hence the nominal fee this time. But a warranty for the work would be great.