Ford Fiesta Mk4 1.3 1998 - Buckled wheel, or bent axle? - Ubermoz

For the last few weeks I've noticed when driving my steering has been trying to not drag, but jerk to the left...... If you drive forward and leave the steering wheel alone it will jerk to the left at short intervals, with the intervals getting shorter the faster you go, however when you go over the magic 70mph barrier, it seems to really calm down and isn't much of an issue at all........ It has been geting worse over the last few days, to the point where I am only using my car to get to work. If you look out the rear window as your pulling off you can see that the car isn't going smooth, but is moving in a motion that is consistent with perhaps a buckled wheel. I will be going outside with the jack later today to try and find the offending wheel, but was interested to hear if other people have had this problem before... was it a defective wheel/tyre, or is something much worse, i.e - an axle is slightly bent?

Ford Fiesta Mk4 1.3 1998 - Buckled wheel, or bent axle? - Civic8

check out the tyres it could be a car bunkle causing it,this will show up as bulge in the sidewall,

Ford Fiesta Mk4 1.3 1998 - Buckled wheel, or bent axle? - Ubermoz

Yes, checked the tyres, and there was a lump on the off side front tyre, so whacked the spare on and the car is running fine again now..... Thats going to be another dent to the wallet then!