Alarm for a Focus - Floyd
Can anyone recommend an alarm to fit a 2001 year model Focus Zetec. If possible I'd like one that can be operated via the remote key fob, and one that is neighbour friendly - i.e. doesn't squawk loudly when arming or disarming.

Thanks in advance.
Floyd
Alarm for a Focus - Blue {P}
Try the Laserline 291, it's an insurance approved alarm that couples up with the existing immobiliser to make a Thatcham Cat 1 system. Costs around £200.

Do you have double locking? If you do, then it can be made to work with this, if not, then you're best using a seperate remote and locking interface for the alarm as otherwise if somone picks your locks, then the alarm will also be switched off. I know that they would normally just smash them or go through a window but I suppose it is faesible that someone may try and pick them one day. Ask the installer for more information, but with mine, the alarm can be de-activated by using the key in the lock... not good.
Alarm for a Focus - jc
Ford sell several grades of alarm,designed to fit straight into ford wiring.
Alarm for a Focus - jc
I forgot to say they're all Thatcham approved.See your local dealer.
Alarm for a Focus - Keith S
It probably has a basic alarm.

The one in my Mondeo is basically a horn, located behind a panel in the side of the boot. It only detects voltage drop i.e. no motion of vibration sensors.

I would be interested to know if increases the immobiliser to cat.1.

To test I think you press a door switch half a dozen times till you hear a noise from the alarm. Then each alarm switch (boot, doors and bonet) can be tested. Try www.fordmondeo.org for full details.
Alarm for a Focus - Floyd
Thanks for that guys. (I couldn't reply sooner cos my internet connection has been off for the last two days)