Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI 55 plate - oil pressure - amr

the engine emits a clattering from the top followed by oil pressure light despite two services and an oil flush in the last 1000 miles. There has been evidence of oily deposits blocking the oil pick up pipe in the sump and despite oil changes and a flush this has reoccured after 0nly 300 miles this time. where could these deposits be coming from,the oil feeds to the turbo are clear,and how can i rectify this problem? Any thoughts please?

Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI 55 plate - oil pressure - Peter D

Your initial problem may have been debris on the pick up tube filter or ddrain back caused by a faulty filter. However, usinf a flushing agent may well fave dislodges more debrie and the pick up filter is now blocked. It may indicate the sump will have to come off to clean it all out. Regards Peter

Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI 55 plate - oil pressure - amr

thanks Peter, but thats been don e twice

Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI 55 plate - oil pressure - Peter D

Sorry for the typo's. Are you saying the sump has been off twice. Regards Peter

Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI 55 plate - oil pressure - mickyh7

I had this problem on a Vauxaul Cavilier 2.0 ltr.8 valve

The pick up pipe was jammed solid with paint that had flaked off from the inside of the sump pan (they are painted at manufacure to stop rust whilst being stored prior to fitting). I had to remove the sump,then the pick up pipe.Remove the gauze from the end and poke out then clean the pipe with petrol. It looked like Dog Muck and felt like Toffee !

When it was put back together it was fine for another 30,000 miles until the car was sold.

Good Luck.