Renault Kangoo - Intermittent Speedo / Odometer - kang1
Hi

We have a Renault Kangoo Authentic 1.5dCi ('03' reg) which has recently been experiencing an occasional/intermittent problem with the speedometer (drops to zero) and odometer (stops incrementing).

When this occurs, the car doesn't seem to run as well (a bit like you are in too high a gear for the road speed), though accelerating a bit seems to improve this.

Is this likely to be a fault with the speed sensor unit (which is presumably fitted to the gearbox) or something else (if so, please advise probable cause/s).

Incidentally, is the sensor linked to an engine management unit? (if it is, then is the 'zero' speed indicated by the odometer making the EMU reduce the fuel supply, for example, thus causing the running 'problem' described above)?

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks in advance
Renault Kangoo - Intermittent Speedo / Odometer - G&T

Probably the speedo sensor on the gearbox. A friend changed mine, and he said it wasn't too difficult.

The sensor was about £25 from Renault.

I can't answer the other queries; my Kangoo's running rough, but that's a different story...

Renault Kangoo - Intermittent Speedo / Odometer - Wowholypriest

I have the exact same car, and the exact same problem as you stated above. 100% to all that you mentioned, and mechanics have not been able to arrive at a sollution, how was yours fixed in the end