skoda fabia 1.9 TDi - known issues - eustace

Hello,

Can you give me feedback on this car as a used buy? I understand that the Mark 1 model does not have DMF. Is this correct? What are the other known issues with this car?

skoda fabia 1.9 TDi - known issues - BorisTheSpider

I assume since you mention MK1 you will be looking at the older models (2000-2007).

http://honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/skoda/fabia-2000/

Should give you a starting point.

Boris

skoda fabia 1.9 TDi - known issues - b308

I had one from new to 82k/5 1/2 years... only thing that went wrong was the speed sensor. I then had a 1.4TDi version and now have a Roomster with the same 1.9TDi engine...

Its the best (if the noisiest!) engine that VAG have produced....

You seem to be asking about lots of different cars... have you tried googling "reviews" or "owners problems" for them? You will get a far more realistic response to your quest for info than just posting on the odd car forum!

Edited by b308 on 09/05/2010 at 07:59

skoda fabia 1.9 TDi - known issues - eustace

I hjave read up as many owner reviews as I can find. The questions here were for additional verification. By the 1.9 TDI engine, i presume you are referring to the non PD version, or is it the PD version?

skoda fabia 1.9 TDi - known issues - b308

PD version, the non pd was never fitted to the Fabia in either mk1 or 2 versions!

The original line up was the 1.9 SDi (non turbo) and 1.9 TDi 100, then they added the 1.4 TDi 3 cyl 75bhp, then changed that to either 70bhp or 80bhp versions.

skoda fabia 1.9 TDi - known issues - k9dan

Had a 1.4 TDI roomster on loan till 1.9TDI Octavia arrived. 1.4 is OK but needs revs for any performance so effects economy. 1.9 has loads more grunt, dosen't need to rev for performance and is more economical. I wouldn't bother with the 1.4.