56 Mazda6 2.0D sakata - Mazda6 DPF light flashing plz help - usman213

Hi I bought a 56 Mazda6 2.0D sakata last week from a garage who also changed the oil and filter and now the dpf light is flashing. The previous owner had it as a company car and did over 25k a year and i also drive mainly motorway miles and over 2000rpm and since ive had it the oil level has actually come down slightly and is below full so no problem with oil level and no power loss. I think the problem is the DPF wasnt reset after the service which was Mazda said aswell but they said they wont reset it unless i get an oil filter change aswell which will cost £170, rip off. What should I do? Can it be reset from an independant garage? What if i leave it until my next service? I dont check my oil level once a week, I check it twice a day.

Thanks

Bump... Anyone?

56 Mazda6 2.0D sakata - Mazda6 DPF light flashing plz help - Med

Hi mate, weird you have no replies. Drop me an email and ill try and help you contact@mazda-campaign.co.uk

Seems to me that the members on this forum are only good for moaning at the Mazda6 but not capable of offering any advice or help. Thats why I take your horror stories with a pinch of salt because it seems you know nothing about cars and if you do know but aren't helping intentionally then it's good to hear about your horror stories because you deserve it.

Edited by usman213 on 03/05/2010 at 12:35

56 Mazda6 2.0D sakata - Mazda6 DPF light flashing plz help - oldclunker

Way to go mate, i'm sure you will get plenty of help with that reply!

Btw when you, as everyone else seems to have done, realise that the Mazda6 and others fitted with the dpf are not wrong and the car is actually unfit for the intended purpose i.e. a genaral family car which is able to cover short trips less than 5 miles and long trips of over 500 miles you may need further help.

You could always sell the car and buy one without a dpf.

I find it sad really, Mazda seemed to be doing well untill recently.

It makes me wonder why Watchdog are not interested, maybe they learn't something after the 2004 MG Rover "headgasket campaign"

Edited by oldclunker on 03/05/2010 at 12:48

Its ok Ive not expected any help from here for a few days now. I dont use it as a family car and I dont have any problems with it apart from the fact the dpf needs to be reset by the dealer every time it has an oil change but im not going to give them the satisfaction. I know my car is ok just a flashing light, ive drove the car a good few thousand miles since and not had any problems, the oil level is half way between low and full and black as hell. In fact the DPF light has flashed so much that I can hardly see it now because the bulb has gone really dim and is on its way out lol.

Edited by usman213 on 03/05/2010 at 13:18

56 Mazda6 2.0D sakata - Mazda6 DPF light flashing plz help - mazdaowner
Hi
I had same problem, www.remap24.co.uk fixed my car and reset dpf
56 Mazda6 2.0D sakata - Mazda6 DPF light flashing plz help - spanner13

Hi,toyota dealer techy here, i did some home work and found some disturbing pics about DPF info, clogged pick up strainers etc etc.

We sold a car from our dealership, serviced it, couple days later the light came on, i pluged my own personel snap on scanner in, and there is no facilty even with 10.4 software which has just been released to reset the DPF light.

We eventually sent the car to our local mazda agent and they did a FORCED REST of the light, they dont know why it comes on,and mazda are suposed to reset the light every service.

I would ask around your local garages and see if any one owns a CARMEN or LAUNCH machine to see if they can reset your light for you, as these machines have better coverage on the foreign market cars ie mazda/suburu/suzuki & toyota etc etc than the snap on product.

If you get sorted, please let me know, as i am coming to the end of my tether with the snap on scanner and looking for a machine with more versatility.

I hope my views help,drop us a email, help where i can, an if you are ever in north wales and want a read cheaper than the dealer ;o).

I do code reads as a past time/hobby, with a dedicated email addy : codeman@tiscali.co.uk

Good luck my friend, spread the word.