load restraint for Focus estate - Floyd
I want to prevent what's in the back of the car (e.g. garden rubbish) from joining me in the front.

My old Vectra estate had a vertical load net supplied as standard, my Focus estate doesn't, and there don't seem to be anywhere in the car for such a net to clip on.

The local Ford dealer looked and found some sort of "kit" for about £25. It was difficult to tell from the diagram on the screen exactly how this is supposed to be fitted. Has anyone bought one if these? If so are they any good?

What confused me more is the Ford accessories web page lists something similar for over £90!

Alternatively has anyone used one of the tubular metal things from Argos or Index? They are meant for keeping dog(s) in the back of the car but I guess they should work OK with a few sacks of leaves and the like.

Thanks in advance.
Floyd
load restraint for Focus estate - Chas{P}
Floyd

Just had a look at what's available:

There's a simple net type one for £23.16 inc VAT Part Number 1112039 or there is a much better set up for £96.63 Part Numbers depend on when your Focus was built.

The second set up is a 'tailored version' of the universal jobs that Halfords etc sell.

You pay your money and take your choice I guess.

HTH

Charles
load restraint for Focus estate - Floyd
Thanks Charles,

The £23 version is probably what the dealer found in the accessories listing. Given that there is a (much) more expensive version I wonder if the £23 one is adequate. Problem is that unless you know someone who has one then you have to take a leap of faith and order one, then hope that it does the job.

Mines a Feb 2002 51 reg but I expect it was built in 2001 - it hasn't got the extra protection strips on the bumper which, AFAIK, signifies a 2002 year model.

I'll check out my local Halfords.