Citroen Picasso hdi 2002 - Steering Pulling to nearside - Alan-FC

Hi,

My Picasso has started to pull in to the neaside, ongoing problem. Garage said the strut top bearings and a wheel bearing needed changing, gave the go ahead and while this improved things slightly the problem is still there.

Checked the obvious things like tyre pressures on all 4 wheels, tracking etc, all fine.

Garage tells me that they may not be able to solve the problem as apparently it is quite common for these high vehicles to start pulling nearside after high mileage due to wear and tear (mines done 125K miles).

I've never heard of this problem and I wish he had told me of it Before i spent £400 getting the strut top bearings and wheel bearing fixed rather than after!

has any one else had this problem with their 'High' vehicle, MPV, Jeep etc? and any ideas how to fix it.

Garage has suggested that front wheels are swapped over but I think tyres are directional.

Thanks

Citroen Picasso hdi 2002 - Steering Pulling to nearside - Peter.N.

I have a similar problem with two Citroen XMs only they are pulling to the offside, I havn't been able to find out why either. Its got to be something out of alignment in the front suspension, probably affecting the camber angle, it doesn't bother me a lot as the cars drives perfectly otherwise with no excesive tyre wear. The only other cause I can think of could be defective/worn front tyres.

Edited by Peter.N. on 26/03/2010 at 20:36

Citroen Picasso hdi 2002 - Steering Pulling to nearside - bathtub tom

>>Garage has suggested that front wheels are swapped over but I think tyres are directional.

If they are directional, try swapping front to rear.