passat cam belt - keemar
how much does it cost to change the cam belt on 1999 18se & how often should it be done?
passat cam belt - madf
If it's an Audi garage and they change the timing wheels they charge about £250 for an A4 TDI..so in same ballpark I would think? You could save by not changing the wheels (and lose £000s when the wheels seize and the belt snaps).

I just avoided the latter by a few weeks!
madf
passat cam belt - DavidHM
Hard to say, depending on where you are in the country. An independent garage should do it for about £30 for the part (and more for the tensioners) and £40 per hour for the labour. Depending on how difficult the car is to get to, it'll be 1-3 hours' work. Therefore, £100-£200 is reasonable for an independent, but don't be too shocked if you have to pay a lot more than this for the quality of a VW backed garage. Either way, get it done, because with cam belts, it's never if, always when they'll go.
passat cam belt - keemar
my car has done 80.000 miles & vw say cam belt change at 120.000
miles for this engine do you think this is ok to leave it this long

any views on this
passat cam belt - keemar
i think i will get this done but the car has done alot of motorway milage does this make any difference
passat cam belt - JonL
I recently had mine changed at a main dealers - £350. Expensive but I wouldn't trust just anyone do it as it is a tricky job and needs to be spot on. It is recommended that it is changed every 60,000.
passat cam belt - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
Not difficult just time consuming. At that mileage it is on borrowed time... DO IT!!!
passat cam belt - cabsmanuk
I had my cambelt done at a none franchise garage just to save about £250. Result, engine trashed, bill for £3000.