Peugeot Partner Combi - 3 front seats and twins - Wilky

ok guys this is a weird question.

I have a 53 plate Peugeot Partner van which has 2 front seats. I have seen on a couple of websites pictures which show 3 front seats so I am assuming its possible to fit these instead of my 2. Is this possible? Has anyone done it?

Now the rub, we have just found out we are expecting twins which messes out plans of being able to transport the baby in the van. Is it possible to fit baby seats to the 2 passenger seats in the Partner? Obviously we will need to disable the air bag.

The main reason for the van is that we also have 2 big dogs. An alternative I guess would be to trade in for something like the Honda FR-V and put the back seats down.

I know its recommended to put babys in the back seats but if we want to move dogs and babies, I think we are going to struggle.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

thanks!

Peugeot Partner Combi - 3 front seats and twins - Herr Sandwichmann

Assuming that it's possible to do as you suggest, your Peugeot dealer, or perhaps car seat retailers might know, but it may well depend on the type of seats you are going to use. Is there a Peugeot forum out there?

Congrats, by the way - you're gonna be mighty busy! How about a twin cab van - transporter, etc? We've got one small child and the amount of gear is considerable!

HS

Peugeot Partner Combi - 3 front seats and twins - hbosken

Persoanlly, I would never risk having kids in the front seat of a van - minimal protection compared with cars, and I wonder what your insurers might say. And if you're going to carry dogs, I assume you will have them restrained in the back so that, in the event of hard barking, they don't become the missiles that kill the kids.

Peugeot Partner Combi - 3 front seats and twins - Herr Sandwichmann

in the event of hard barking, they don't become the missiles that kill the kids.

Would love to see what this looks like!

Peugeot Partner Combi - 3 front seats and twins - Berisford

Persoanlly, I would never risk having kids in the front seat of a van - minimal protection compared with cars, and I wonder what your insurers might say.

What are you talking about?

Your general comments aside, do you know what a Peugeot Partner is?

Edited by Berisford on 25/03/2010 at 13:37

Peugeot Partner Combi - 3 front seats and twins - Wilky

umm, I'm a bit confused, why is a small van any worse than a car as far as safety is concerned? also why would the insurer have an issue with it?

there is a half bulk head (or whatever its called) with a cage along the top so no, the dogs cant become missiles into the front seat - i wouldn't fancy a 50 kg dog hitting my head from the back either!

Peugeot Partner Combi - 3 front seats and twins - WellKnownSid

I don't think the combi has a cage, it's basically a car with a van-like rear-end.

Either way - car or van - the dog-missile threat is very real... It's a big on-the-spot fine here in Spain for not having your dog securely strapped in...

Peugeot Partner Combi - 3 front seats and twins - Bromptonaut

Never seen a Partner/Belringo with 3 front seats (we're talking the original 306/ZX based version here not the 2008 new model). Are you sure you're not confusing it with the Pug version of the Fiat Scudo?