VW Golf Vi TSi 122 DSG - First impressions - soul08

hi everyone, nice to meet you all. had the above car for a couple of weeks. Just thought i'd share what i think so far.

Was given a Golf Vi as a courtesy car for a couple of days and absolutely loved it. Much more refined and comfortable than the Golf V i owned at the time. i knew then, that i definitely wanted one !

ordered brand new through JcT600 VW bradford. have bought many VW cars through main dealers in the past with good and bad experiences. What i have found generally, is that the service is okay when your actually buying the car, but the after sales service is shockingly poor. This is not the case with JcT600. The Sales Manager actually comes out of his room and says hello, asks you what car you are looking, and discusses the figures with you. Received a good discount off the price with a couple of freebies thrown in. Was kept fully informed of the build process and when my car would arrive.

The car is absolutely fantastic to drive. Very smooth, punchy and quiet. The TSi engine definitely makes a difference.The most impressive thing about this car, is the fuel economy. i'm averaging between 35 - 38 mpg around town, which is absolutely fantastic !

:)

Edited by soul08 on 22/03/2010 at 09:10

VW Golf Vi tSi 122 DSG - First impressions - mustangman

hi soul08,

Just what i was looking for, another 7sp dsg user.

Without repeating my post on this subject (tues the 16 th, ) do you have any comments to add?

thanks, MM