Skoda Octavia II - Pot holes and speed bumps - johnny

Just pondering getting either a Focus Estate, C-Max or Octavia Estate - are any of these more resilient to our wonderful pot-hole / speed bump ridden streets? In particular the bump by Furniture Village in Southampton West Quay :-)

Or any other makes to consider of that ilk. Budget of up to 8K , used mainly for lugging kids around, camping trips so S of France and several 600 mile round trips to Yorkshire.

Parking quite tight in our street so nothing too long, and cheap to fix when someone karate kicks the wing mirror off.

Thanks

Skoda Octavia II - Pot holes and speed bumps - Avant

In terms of resistance to potholes, I shouldn't think there's much in it: you juist have to be careful

The Octavia estate is 4.5 metres long - not sure about the Fords but they look shorter. There's more room for people and luggage in an Octavia - nearer to Mondeo size and probably better for the camping trips. Even if it's longer it has a tight turning circle.

Skoda Octavia II - Pot holes and speed bumps - johnny

Thanks

I currently drive a Zafira which seems a very firm ride compared to the previous Laguna which wasn't.

also, one of the other motoring websites has fairly detailed diagrams of car's dimensions (internal and external) but I can't find it now. Can anyone help?

Skoda Octavia II - Pot holes and speed bumps - ijws15

My Skoda performs very well over speed bumps, in particularly the one in Lichfield near the Ford dealer which can be taken at 25mph.

Handles them far better than the Golf, no experence of the Focus.

Skoda Octavia II - Pot holes and speed bumps - Avant

"also, one of the other motoring websites has fairly detailed diagrams of car's dimensions (internal and external) but I can't find it now. can anyone help?"

It's this one: click on Home and go to car reviews, then for your chosen model gop to prices, then 'details' on the right of the screen. Octavia estate is 4569 mm long, Focus estate 4468 mm.