06 120D Wash Wipe problems - Barch
My 56 reg company car now on 135,000 miles has a recurring problem with the rear wash wipe. If the water level falls to zero then on refill on an intermittent basis the rear wash wipe will wipe but does not spray.

The main dealers are useless. It would appear, thanks to Hemmings in Worcester, there is a filter in the washer bottle that becomes blocked easily. If the filter is removed then the problem is eradicated. The dealers will just clear or replace the filters.

Edited by Webmaster on 13/02/2010 at 02:10

06 120D Wash Wipe problems - Paul123

I'm having problems with from and rear washers and dealer suggests replacing filter - but at a cost of £100 or so. Might try doing it myself so how do you get at the bottle and filter?

Cheers...........Paul

06 120D Wash Wipe problems - brianwmay

I've got a 118d and have had this problem for 18 months. The dealer I got the car from 'fixed' it several times in the year's warranty, but it stopped again.

Today, I saw a post on a bmw forum. The guy said that he'd folded back the plastic shield at the base of the rear windscreen wiper. This gave access to the whole spray nozzle assembly.

I sprayed the assembly with WD40 to help the next procedure. Using a pair of pliers, I gently pulled the nozzle assembly out of the centre of the shaft which has the retaining nut on it. Pull gently, and pull straight, putting no sideways movement in. It's only an interference fit.

The assembly is actually about an inch long. Put it to one side for a moment - don't lose it as it's quite small. Now operate the rear washer (it's intermittent on my car as standard).

IF you're really lucky, you'll get a stream of liquid squirting out, give it a good flush through - if this doesn't happen, then it's something else which is causing it.

Mine wasn't. It proved it was the nozzle assembly which was blocked. I soaked it in Cillit Bang and then cleaned it with a needle until I could blow through it.

Reconnection is only a matter of push fitting it back (it's a snug fit) and adjusting the angle.

I now am the proud owner of my nice little Beemer with a rear WASH/wipe. The whole procedure took no more than 10 minutes and I'm chuffed to rocks and really grateful to the guy that posted 'his' fix.

You're no worse off for checking it out.

06 120D Wash Wipe problems - rexel 1

i have a bmw 1 series and the pressure to front window wipers washers is very low I have been told filter on end of pump in water container is blocked. I have used a airline to blow down pipes into water container this has helped .How can you gain access to water container to remove dirty water also remove pump and clean filter

06 120D Wash Wipe problems - gordonbennet

Whilst on the subject of BMW rear wipers, i assume the rear wiper assembly is similar to 3 series compact.

If so do strip the rear wiper spindle down clean and lubricate it with waterproof grease, water and salt will seep into the spindle and cause it to rust and seize, this will strip the worm drive in the motor assembly wrecking it completely, the motor is very expensive.

Whilst on the subject of BMW rear wipers, i assume the rear wiper assembly is similar to 3 series compact.

If so do strip the rear wiper spindle down clean and lubricate it with waterproof grease, water and salt will seep into the spindle and cause it to rust and seize, this will strip the worm drive in the motor assembly wrecking it completely, the motor is very expensive.

the problem is on front windows

''the problem is on front windows''

Which thread are you replying to, i am adding information for the OP and any others with BMW's that have rear wipers.

Edited by gordonbennet on 23/04/2012 at 21:46

sorry for wrong info. The problem is with front windows

The problem is with front windows

Try BMWland forum Rexel, if you don't find precise instructions there how to do the job i'll eat my wide brimmed Fedora.

06 120D Wash Wipe problems - Jj6279

Did you mange to get window washer sorted iam having same problem can u help