97 1.8 side lights dont work - fuses okay - bell_novice
side lights don't work on right hand side, all other lights work. Have checked fuses and also the switch contacts (as per some previous threads ive seen) but still dont work. contacts were blackened but I have cleaned them. Any ideas?
97 1.8 side lights dont work - fuses okay - elekie&a/c doctor
What about the bulbs?Perhaps they are all blown one side.
What about the bulbs?Perhaps they are all blown one side.

>>
Thanks; checked the bulbs, they are okay. also switched rear clusters and the right cluster works on the left side. so no power is going to the right side. But fuse 35 which is supposed to control this circuit is also okay. Had it in a garage this morning for MOT and the garage can't figure it out. Might try a spare light switch if I can find one.

Thanks, getting desparate
I would re-check those fuses again.If still no joy,you can do a temp fix by linking the left and right circuits together.Run a wire from left to right in the boot area and join both light supply circuits.hth
I would re-check those fuses again.If still no joy you can do a temp
fix by linking the left and right circuits together.Run a wire from left to right
in the boot area and join both light supply circuits.hth

Will check fuses again but they look good and checked okay with meter (and tried spare fuse). The temp fix sounds good. should this be done in series or parallel?

will give it a try in the morning.
All you need to do is run a wire from the working Left side to the missing supply wire on the right side.Job done.Sorry,can't remember the wire colour code.hth