02 2.3 Mis Fire - At my wits end - alex c
Hi newbie here so be gentle
Can someone please try and shed some light on a misfiring Ford Galaxy 2.3 i have had the misfortune to buy.

Every now and again i get a jolt like i have been over a bump when the car power cuts. Only happens for a split secong then drives ok. No reoccuring condition that makes it do it so i am having a nightmare trying to find the problem.
Garage have run a check and no fault codes come up, have changed leads coil pack, plugs fuel filter cam sensor and crank sensor and full service, but it is still happening and if anything more often than when i bought it 3 months ago.

Mechanic is scratching his head and reckons there is only so much he can do. Has suggested getting a check done on the ECU to see if that is on its way out as a last option but he isnt overly optimistic. Would that be a good idea?
What else can i do to fix it as i am getting more worried about my wife driving my two kids around in it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Alex
02 2.3 Mis Fire - At my wits end - topbloke
try relay 30 (try googleing it ) its in the third tier of the relay box above fuses drivers side but be warned its a pig to get to, the relay gets dry joints, new relay about £15 iirc or if yu are any good with a soldering iron even cheaper,worth a try may not be your fault but who knows Regards TB