05 2.2 Aux not working on Sony 6 CD stereo - Heyes1
I have just bought Mondeo ST TDCI 55 plate (Private sale) and when I plug my Ipod into the aux slot in the glove compartment I am getting no sound through the speakers. I had one of the cars before (It got written off by an idiot) so I know the cable I have from Ipod to Aux point is the correct one.

Ipod works fine on it's own so must be something to do with the stereo.

Ford wanted me to take it in and charge me for diagnosing the problem.

Halfords said could not touch as it's a Ford fitted Sony system but did say it prob just needs unlocking.

I have looked at the secondary functions using the MENU button but all that seems to have is an option to turn AUX on and off (Just to be able to select Aux).

It's the Sony 6 CD player that is installed.

Any thoughts anyone?
05 2.2 Aux not working on Sony 6 CD stereo - sandy56
I have the same hifi and my aux connection didnt work until I switched it ON via the menu- works ok now.
Try the Ford mondeo forums to see if they can help.

check and make sure the AUx connection is actually connected to the radio, sometimes they are unplugged to gain access to the fuse box.
05 2.2 Aux not working on Sony 6 CD stereo - sandy56
forgot to add - you turn it ON via the menu option and then switch from CD to AUX ? on the CD/AUX button.

05 2.2 Aux not working on Sony 6 CD stereo - kithmo
And make sure you have the volume on the Ipod turned up high, there's little or no amplification through the Aux input.
05 2.2 Aux not working on Sony 6 CD stereo - rtj70
It is turned on by the 'hidden' menu which you access by holding the button down for a few seconds. This is not set via the normal menu.

When I got a Mondeo III with this stereo in 2003 I found it accident - there was no mention anywhere there was an aux socket in the glove box and certainly nothing to tell you to enable it. For Ford to have put it there and left the option disabled on the menu was puzzling.
05 2.2 Aux not working on Sony 6 CD stereo - Heyes1
Ha Ha -- Thanks everyone ... Sandy you were right .. THe lead had simply been disconnect from the AUX port next to the fuse box in the glove compartment.