98 2.0 immobiliser - palser
my galaxy has also had probs starting and garage seem to think its an immobiliser problem, I'm not so sure. had probs starting for about a month most days 1st time others not at all, plenty of battery but doesnt seem to catch/ignite. got it serviced to see if that sorted it worked for a week then not 1 afternoon after a short run. then after 300 mile round trip it coughed and spluttered 10 miles from home then cut out completely, started again 2 mins later and got me 300yards from home occassionaly coughin and spluttering again then cuts out wont start and hasnt since. Garage say its showing no electrical faults on their machine and its probably an immobiliser problem. Is this possible/probable. If it is they are telling me its either the wiring or the key 50/50 and which do i want looked at 1st as they both will cost??

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 28/01/2010 at 19:15

98 2.0 immobliliser - elekie&a/c doctor
Immobilisers rarely give trouble on these.More likely to be a fuel injection /pump relay fault.Check operation of the led in drivers door .Is it flashing?hth
98 2.0 immobliliser - palser
the light on door goes mental when u try and start it
98 2.0 immobliliser - jc2
VW dealer may be better equipped to deal with it than a Ford one.
98 2.0 immobliliser - doofer
Check/replace relay 30 (about £10). For more info Google "ford galaxy relay 30" .
98 2.0 immobliliser - dieselbob
I had similar problems with my Galaxy a few years back, relay 30 turned out to have a cracked solder joint. Try a seach for on this forum for "Galaxy turns over - won't start"
98 2.0 immobliliser - topbloke
.*********
98 2.0 immobliliser - topbloke
!

Edited by topbloke on 28/01/2010 at 22:26

98 2.0 immobliliser - Dynamic Dave
TB, you triggered the swearfilter big time. If it was an innocent word, email me and I'll take a look why.

dave_moderator@honestjohn.co.uk