Keyless entry - malcolm
Having lost the remote for my Honda Civic and costing the thick end of £100 to replace, I have decided to replace it with a radio controlled device instead of the next to useless infra red system fitted as standard.
Can anyone recommend a suitable keyless entry system, diy or technician fit or should I have an alarm fitted inc. keyless entry but minus an immobilisor, which is fitted as standard.
Regards Malcolm.
Keyless entry - Dave_TD
Any remote locking kit fitted by a technician, or indeed an accessory shop-bought alarm with locking interface, would cost you at least the same as another Honda remote. Best to swallow hard, pay up and at least have the original kit again.
Keyless entry - Dorian
If you want, try Maplin Electronics (www.maplin.co.uk)

I've just had a quick look and they do several kits for car security, indluding a Universal Keyless Entry System for under £50

There's other kits on their site that handle central locking and stuff.
Keyless entry - John Davis
Yes, Maplins would, in my book, be the place to go. I fitted out my old MK1 Nissan Prairie (non central locking) with five lock actuators, alarm, immobiliser etc, etc,from Maplins,for about £120. I found the complete installation easy to install but with just the basic central unit and remote "key", I should think that it should be possible to adapt it to the Honda setup.
Maplins are very helpful and, I am sure they would advise on a suitable basic system to replace the infra red operation with one using remote radio control.