Buying a Peugeot expert - advice needed please! - lozloz
Hi there

I have a 4000 pound budget to purchase an expert/dispatch/scudo.

My options seem to be an 05 registered vehicle with about 70000 miles on the clock or an 02 vehicle with 40000.

Which vehicle would you go for? Newer with more mileage or older with less?

Any advice greatly appreciated...

L
Buying a Peugeot expert - advice needed please! - DP
Buy on condition and service history. The cleanest, best looked after example you can find for what you what to spend. Check the price guides to make sure you don't pay over the odds, but otherwise don't worry too much about the plate or mileage.

Of the two examples you list, my preference, condition and history been equal, would be the later, higher mileage one. Remember most engine wear occurs at startup, and it's a safe bet that 40,000 miles in 7 years equals a lot of short journeys and cold starts.

It's also worth checking the specs on the vehicles and seeing if anything important was changed / upgraded / facelifted throughout its life. It might be the later versions have something you are prepared to pay extra or make a sacrifice elsewhere for.

Edited by DP on 25/01/2010 at 09:34

Buying a Peugeot expert - advice needed please! - boxsterboy
There's another thread on here about a Citroen Synergie (MPV version of this van) that has nearly done 400,000, so don't let high mileage put you off!