Punto Evo - new `dogs breakfast` front end? - oilrag
I always liked the integrated `Maserati` style of the GP - but the new front end on the Evo seems a real `dogs breakfast` to me.

Does anyone else think car design is becoming more ugly?
Punto Evo - new `dogs breakfast` front end? - gmac
Is this not a theme which has been running certainly since the introduction of the "jelly mould" Sierra.

FIAT do seem to have a knack of taking something quite likeable and making a real mess of it before recovering in the next series. Look at the Mk2 and Mk2 Facelift Punto.

Edited by gmac on 24/01/2010 at 08:52

Punto Evo - new `dogs breakfast` front end? - oilrag
We have Mk2 & Mk2b Punto`s. Although I`ve come to terms with the look of the Mk2b - it looks nowhere near as sharp and integrated as the Mk2.

The new face lifted Citroen C1 seems to resemble a baboons rear end at the front, too.

That might seem to be a crude throw away comment - but it was actually my first thought on seeing it.

Punto Evo - new `dogs breakfast` front end? - boxsterboy
FIAT do seem to have a knack of taking something quite likeable and making a
real mess of it before recovering in the next series. Look at the Mk2 and
Mk2 Facelift Punto.

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw this thread. Fiat certainly have form!
Punto Evo - new `dogs breakfast` front end? - idle_chatterer
When I saw the photo I thought that Fiat have ruined what was a very pretty car, what a pity.
Punto Evo - new `dogs breakfast` front end? - AlanGowdy
I always liked the integrated `Maserati` style of the GP - but the new front
end on the Evo seems a real `dogs breakfast` to me.
>>

I own a Grande Punto and agree. I much prefer its 'old' Maserati-cloned front end to the Hyundai-cloned nose of the Evo. Apparently women potential buyers were put off by the aggressive look. Shame... I'm put off by the girly look.

Edited by AlanGowdy on 25/01/2010 at 23:34