03 1.4 key battery dead-how do i get in car? - cherry1980
hi my micra has keyless entry and the key battery has gone dead. i dont have a spare key so how do i get in my car? as cant see a key hole. read somewhere there should be one on passenger door side to override keyless entry so you can open door with the actual metal key but cant find it.

please help as cant get in my car to go and get new key battery!!
03 1.4 key battery dead-how do i get in car? - sandy56

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 19/01/2010 at 20:54

03 1.4 key battery dead-how do i get in car? - elekie&a/c doctor
Take a look at the passenger door handle .There is a a plastic cover that unclips that gives access to door lock into which the metal part of the key can be inserted.There should be a symbol of a key on the plastic cover to identify exactly where it is.hth
03 1.4 key battery dead-how do i get in car? - cherry1980
hi thanks for that.

re the key battery, manual says cr2032 is needed- does it matter what brand i get? also when i replace the battery does the key need reprogramming or should it just work automatically? dont think the battery is totally dead as keeps working but intermittently-some times it does and sometimes it doesnt so think its on its way out.

if its not the battery thats the problem-could it be the central locking itself? nothing major but the keyless button on the drivers door-the little rubber part has come off but metal button itself still works. dealer says its £140 to replace as they to replace whole mechanism in door not just button part however if its still working can i just stick the rubber bit back on?

Thanks
03 1.4 key battery dead-how do i get in car? - Dynamic Dave
Any make of CR2032 battery should be ok.

It probably mentions in the car's handbook how to resync the remote keyfob after a battery change. If not, then I or someone else will google the information for you.