04 1.3 how do you change a headlight bulb? - dieselfitter
My daughter's 2004 Ka has blown another headlight bulb. I absolutely hate changing headlight bulbs on this car - just getting the cover off the back of the headlight unit is a challenge as the access is so tight. How do others do it? I didn't have any tools with me today, but I began to think it must be quicker and easier to remove the whole thing (starting with the radiator grill, which is unfortunately part of the front bumper) - right?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 16/01/2010 at 20:25

Thanks DD!

04 1.3 how do you change a headlight bulb? - bell boy
with difficulty but it can be done
easiest way is either
remove the wing liner
or remove the bumper(not recommended when its cold because all the one fit clips break)
Your're right BB. I didn't much fancy removing the middle bumper section due to the snap-fit connections between this and the outer sections of the bumper. Break these and you've shot it. Hadn't considered removing the wheel arch liner, but will investigate that next time.

I've replaced several bulbs on this car using the handbook method - remove the rear cover from the headlamp unit, detach power lead, change bulb and reverse the process - but in practice this is a long, frustrating and knuckle-scraping procedure, putting most Chinese puzzles to shame. Pity, because most Fords are easy-peasy.